    setting changes to the driver from 32-bits application?

    Thanks in advance,

    Vladimir.

    Vladimir Chugunov, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Re: programmable restart of a 64-bit driver from a 32-bit application

    As far as I know you cannot call a 32bit process from a 64bit one. This
    includes .DLL's and drivers. I'm not sure what happens if you call the code
    as internal functions to the executable.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 30, 2006

  3. Re: programmable restart of a 64-bit driver from a 32-bit application

    No, I'm not calling 32bit process from 64bit one - I need to restart
    64bit driver or somehow propagate the changes made in registry to the
    driver using 32bit application. So I'm calling 64bit process from 32bit
    application - and I'm sure this is allowed because other functionality
    like IOCTLs are working fine.

    Vladimir.

    Vladimir Chugunov, Dec 1, 2006
  4. Re: programmable restart of a 64-bit driver from a 32-bit application

    O.K. - this will be out of my league, and probably not an issue you will
    find covered in this group.

    Could I suggest you try:

    microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev

    This sounds like a place where more people with an answer could be hanging
    about.

    Good luck!

    Tony Sperling, Dec 1, 2006