Q:mozilla 0.99 : cannot type characters

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by moi je, Oct 6, 2005.

  1. moi je

    moi je Guest

    Hi all,

    I'm using a RH7.3 on intel platform and I have to make some special
    configuration.

    I have to use the standard mozilla 0.99 without window manager. That is
    to call mozilla (and xscreensaver) from within /etc/X11/xinit/Xclient.

    The session is called from text console by 'startx' after login in.

    The goal is to eliminate all decoration and to disallow for some users
    all others applications.

    All seems to go fine except one things : I cannot type any character in
    the mozilla application.

    I can use scrollbar in frame which require it. I can click on html link.
    I can choose in list choice.

    I can select text with the mouse and copy or cut it but I cannot paste
    the selection and I cannot introduce my text in the standard 'text box'
    (like user/password entry..) of mozilla.

    I'd think there missed some keyboard configuration but all seems to be
    ok. I can toggle capslock or num lock and that's all.

    The xscreensaver run fine and we can type password to unlock screen
    without problem.

    For information: calling 'xinit' go to a simple xterm without wm so
    'startkde' is then required.

    Can somebody tell me is mozilla as a special management of the keyboard or ?

    Thanks in advance
    --
    jy
    n'utilisez pas cette fausse adresse mail...

    moi je, Oct 6, 2005