    of these, and most especially when each one became available (was put on
    the market).
    Thanks in advance.

    Robert Baer, Dec 10, 2006

  2. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:

    > I had seen in passing somewhere about these CPUs, and was told that
    > there were two versions, a "2x2" and an "lx4" if i remember correctly.
    > I would like to know the complete and accurate designations of each of
    > these, and most especially when each one became available (was put on
    > the market).
    > Thanks in advance.

    After a lot of fiddling on the Intel site, i found the Intel Pentium
    D processor specs; the first one in the list fits: 65nm technology,
    processor number 960, clock speed 3.6GHz, L2 cache 2x2, socket LGA 775,
    800MHz FSB.
    Have not found the 1x4 (it seems to me that it is "one by four" and
    not "LX4") except in lower speeds.
    BUT.
    How do i find out *when* these wer either announced or when they came
    available?

    Robert Baer, Dec 13, 2006

  3. Robert Baer

    Robert Baer Guest

    Robert Baer wrote:

    > Robert Baer wrote:
    >
    >> I had seen in passing somewhere about these CPUs, and was told that
    >> there were two versions, a "2x2" and an "lx4" if i remember correctly.
    >> I would like to know the complete and accurate designations of each
    >> of these, and most especially when each one became available (was put
    >> on the market).
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > After a lot of fiddling on the Intel site, i found the Intel Pentium D
    > processor specs; the first one in the list fits: 65nm technology,
    > processor number 960, clock speed 3.6GHz, L2 cache 2x2, socket LGA 775,
    > 800MHz FSB.
    > Have not found the 1x4 (it seems to me that it is "one by four" and
    > not "LX4") except in lower speeds.
    > BUT.
    > How do i find out *when* these wer either announced or when they came
    > available?

    More fiddling around on the Intel sites; their Pentium D 960 came out
    Q2 2005.

    Robert Baer, Dec 16, 2006