    Thunderbird mailfiles?

    Thank you all,
    Christian

    Christian Drewing, May 1, 2007

  2. Christian Drewing

    Doug G Guest

    Christian Drewing wrote:
    > Recently I found an old RAR archive of Thunderbird emails from 2003.
    > Hmm, let's see what is inside. But how? When I create a new email
    > account in Thunderbird and paste the files to the related mail profile
    > folder, Thunderbird only shows up 2 emails - but the old 'Inbox' is
    > more than 300 MB. So something seems to have gone wrong.
    >
    > Is there a program to read old and possibly partly corrupted
    > Thunderbird mailfiles?
    >
    > Thank you all,
    > Christian

    Give the backed up files an .mbx extension and then open the files with
    MsgView.

    Download MsgView from http://www.elbiah.de/tools/old/

    Doug G, May 1, 2007

  3. Christian Drewing

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Christian Drewing wrote:
    > Recently I found an old RAR archive of Thunderbird emails from 2003.
    > Hmm, let's see what is inside. But how? When I create a new email
    > account in Thunderbird and paste the files to the related mail profile
    > folder, Thunderbird only shows up 2 emails - but the old 'Inbox' is
    > more than 300 MB. So something seems to have gone wrong.
    >
    > Is there a program to read old and possibly partly corrupted
    > Thunderbird mailfiles?
    >
    > Thank you all,
    > Christian

    Possibilities

    1) corrupted .msf files. Delete them and restart TB

    2) could be that the messages have been marked in such a way as to
    prevent their being viewed. See:

    http://www.eyrich-net.org/mozilla/X-Mozilla-Status.html?en
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/restoredelmail.html
    http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/restoredelmail2.html