    would you be able to open & view it?
    --
    Slack

    =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=, Jun 6, 2007

  2. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    pcbutts1 Guest

    No.

    pcbutts1, Jun 6, 2007

  3. On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 17:12:57 -0700, pcbutts1
    <> wrote:

    > No.

    Thank you very much
    --
    Slack

    =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=, Jun 6, 2007
  4. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    lulu Guest

    On Jun 5, 4:47 pm, Slack <> wrote:
    > Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
    > would you be able to open & view it?
    > --
    > Slack

    It might come up jumbled

    lulu, Jun 6, 2007
  5. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    Delirious Guest

    Delirious, Jun 6, 2007
  6. ?Slack wrote:

    > Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word
    > doc, would you be able to open & view it?

    They could if they were running the Open Office suite that many people
    who aren't stuck to the MS tit use.

    "Platforms currently supported include Microsoft Windows (98 - Vista),
    GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD."

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 6, 2007
  7. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That is for a Windows 2000 Service Pack 4; Windows Server 2003; Windows XP
    pc not a Mac. With it you can open word files made on a Mac but it does not
    install on a Mac.

    pcbutts1, Jun 6, 2007
  8. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >?Slack wrote:
    >
    >> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word
    >> doc, would you be able to open & view it?

    >They could if they were running the Open Office suite that many people
    >who aren't stuck to the MS tit use.

    >"Platforms currently supported include Microsoft Windows (98 - Vista),
    >GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD."

    Also now Mac OS X without X11
    http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/05/1152256.shtml

    --

    99 Luftballoons
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=14IRDDnEPR4

    , Jun 6, 2007
  9. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-06-05, ?Slack <> wrote:
    > Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
    > would you be able to open & view it?

    Why are you sending a proprietary word-processor file to someone? If
    they only need to be able to read the words or see the pictures, send it
    as a plain text file or an image file or as portable document format (PDF)
    or as HTML formatted for a 'web browser'. Or do what MS Word is designed
    for: print the document out on paper and send that paper to your
    correspondant.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jun 6, 2007
  10. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
    > would you be able to open & view it?

    When you want to share files with people on other platforms you need to
    use a common format that they can read - since you didn't mention
    EDITING or CHANGING it, send the document as a PDF.

    PrimoPDF 3 is free for home users, it will create PDF's from anything
    you can print.

    If you want them to edit it you must use a common format like RTF when
    working with non-Windows platform people.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Leythos, Jun 6, 2007
  11. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    Keme Guest

    skrev:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >> ?Slack wrote:
    >>
    >>> Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word
    >>> doc, would you be able to open & view it?

    >> They could if they were running the Open Office suite that many people
    >> who aren't stuck to the MS tit use.

    >> "Platforms currently supported include Microsoft Windows (98 - Vista),
    >> GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD."

    > Also now Mac OS X without X11
    > http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/05/1152256.shtml

    With all the things that are *known* not to work, and the added
    insecurity of installing alpha software in general, Mac users be warned:
    If you have a working copy of OOo for X11, or intend to install OOo to
    do production work, do *not* install this version. It will most likely
    break your system.

    The X11 version works with only minor quirks (some translations are
    incomplete, and some drawing objects are rendered inconsistently across
    platforms). Every MS Word doc I've opened has displayed nicely (except,
    of course, some word 2007 "docx" docs recently received.)

    Keme, Jun 9, 2007
  12. =?utf-8?B?4paAU2xhY2s=?=

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>, ’ñÄSlack
    <> wrote:

    > Assuming you didn't have MS Office for Mac, if I sent you a 2003 Word doc,
    > would you be able to open & view it?

    Yes, but depending on the content it might lose formatting, it might
    have a lot of junk characters in it (Microsoft is amazingly bad about
    putting in huge amounts of metadata!), and it might be out-of-sequence.

    There is a viewer, and lots of other programs have good filters, but
    every new version introduces more junk and issues. MSO 2007 is supposed
    to be awful even for Windows users to read.

    Mitch, Jun 11, 2007