    Bo Shuda Guest

    Can you guys tell me what is an average time for preparation for 70-270 ?

    I m not a newbie on XP but still.......

    Bo Shuda, Dec 17, 2006

  2. Bo Shuda

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Re: estimated time for 70-270

    Hi Bo,

    Prepare until you know it.

    Montreal MCT, Dec 17, 2006

  3. Bo Shuda

    Mr. Hopeful Guest

    Re: estimated time for 70-270

    Hi Bo,

    I would have to agree with "Montreal MCT", there couldn't be a better way of
    putting it!!!

    Good luck!!!

    Mr. Hopeful, Dec 17, 2006
  4. Bo Shuda

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Re: estimated time for 70-270

    Bo, I have said this too many times to count, and I will say it again for
    you: DO NOT STUDY FOR YOUR EXAMS. Learn the product; learn the
    methodology, and you should be able to pass the exam. Install the software.
    For XP it's easy because YOU ARE PROBABLY USING IT NOW. For Server software
    set up a virtual lab and install and play. Break it and fix it. Buy the
    books and follow the lessons. Then take a single practice exam, and then
    take your exam!

    Montreal MCT, Dec 17, 2006
  5. Bo Shuda

    I Dingsdale Guest

    Re: estimated time for 70-270

    "Montreal MCT" <> wrote in message
    > Bo, I have said this too many times to count, and I will say it again for
    > you: DO NOT STUDY FOR YOUR EXAMS. Learn the product; learn the
    > methodology, and you should be able to pass the exam. Install the
    > software. For XP it's easy because YOU ARE PROBABLY USING IT NOW. For
    > Server software set up a virtual lab and install and play. Break it and
    > fix it. Buy the books and follow the lessons. Then take a single
    > practice exam, and then take your exam!

    I'd have to disagree a little bit there. Yes, you need to know the products
    and have used them to pass the MS exams, but in my experience you do need to
    understand the Microsoft way of doing things. Obviously the exams are
    normally multiple choice, and there have been several times when I've found
    myself thinking "I wouldnt do any of them" - but because I had done a few
    practice exams and read the book, I knew what the official suggested
    solution would be. Likewise, there are often 2 solutions that may both be
    perfectly valid, but you need to know which one MS want to see.
    Personally, I actually found the 70-270 trickier than the Server ones, but
    by no means impossible - you need to remember a lot of menu paths and things
    that you would probably never use.
    Get some good practice exams - I like the Transcender ones because they seem
    to be very similar to the official exams, and they always explain in good
    detail where you went wrong.

    Just dont rush it, get lots of practice with the OS itself, and more
    importantly doing the stuff thats in the exam. Read the book and don't do
    the exam until you can confidently pass a practice one.

    Good luke!

    I Dingsdale, Dec 24, 2006