Q: Creating a Quicklaunch button for voice recording microphone boost

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kompu Kid, Nov 2, 2009.

  1. Kompu Kid

    Kompu Kid Guest

    Hello All:

    How do I create a Quicklaunch toolbar button for the "microphone
    boost". I am currently accessing the controls for this in several
    steps:

    * Right click on Volume on taskbar

    * Choose Adjust Audio Properties

    * Click on Voice tab

    * Click on Volume button under Voice Recording

    * Click on Advanced button

    * Finally check the Microphone Boost box

    Deguza

    Kompu Kid, Nov 2, 2009

  2. Kompu Kid

    Jose Guest

    Re: Q: Creating a Quicklaunch button for voice recording microphoneboost

    On Nov 2, 5:54 pm, Kompu Kid <> wrote:
    > Hello All:
    >
    > How do I create a Quicklaunch toolbar button for the "microphone
    > boost". I am currently accessing the controls for this in several
    > steps:
    >
    > * Right click on Volume on taskbar
    >
    > * Choose Adjust Audio Properties
    >
    > * Click on Voice tab
    >
    > * Click on Volume button under Voice Recording
    >
    > * Click on Advanced button
    >
    > * Finally check the Microphone Boost box
    >
    > Deguza

    I can get you as far as tab number 3, which is the the Voice tab. I
    am not sure how to go further than a tab selection (the tabs are
    indexes). Maybe you can figure out the rest.

    Make a shortcut like this:

    rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,3

    You can save a few clicks and mouse movements...

    Jose, Nov 3, 2009

  3. Kompu Kid

    Kompu Kid Guest

    On Nov 3, 8:48 am, Jose <> wrote:
    > On Nov 2, 5:54 pm, Kompu Kid <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hello All:

    > > How do I create a Quicklaunch toolbar button for the "microphone
    > > boost". I am currently accessing the controls for this in several
    > > steps:

    > > * Right click on Volume on taskbar

    > > * Choose Adjust Audio Properties

    > > * Click on Voice tab

    > > * Click on Volume button under Voice Recording

    > > * Click on Advanced button

    > > * Finally check the Microphone Boost box

    > > Deguza

    > I can get you as far as tab number 3, which is the the Voice tab.  I
    > am not sure how to go further than a tab selection (the tabs are
    > indexes).  Maybe you can figure out the rest.
    >
    > Make a shortcut like this:
    >
    > rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,3
    >
    > You can save a few clicks and mouse movements...

    Thanks. It does get me closer.

    Deguza

    Kompu Kid, Nov 3, 2009
  4. Kompu Kid

    Bob CP Guest

    Kompu Kid wrote:
    > On Nov 3, 8:48 am, Jose <> wrote:
    >> On Nov 2, 5:54 pm, Kompu Kid <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> Hello All:
    >>> How do I create a Quicklaunch toolbar button for the "microphone
    >>> boost". I am currently accessing the controls for this in several
    >>> steps:
    >>> * Right click on Volume on taskbar
    >>> * Choose Adjust Audio Properties
    >>> * Click on Voice tab
    >>> * Click on Volume button under Voice Recording
    >>> * Click on Advanced button
    >>> * Finally check the Microphone Boost box
    >>> Deguza

    >> I can get you as far as tab number 3, which is the the Voice tab. I
    >> am not sure how to go further than a tab selection (the tabs are
    >> indexes). Maybe you can figure out the rest.
    >>
    >> Make a shortcut like this:
    >>
    >> rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,3
    >>
    >> You can save a few clicks and mouse movements...

    > Thanks. It does get me closer.
    >
    > Deguza

    You might look into AutoHotKey. I know it's got functions for
    controlling sound volume. It's how I change my earphone volume.

    http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/SoundSet.htm

    Bob CP, Nov 3, 2009