    And how does it work ...

    Regards
    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Oct 19, 2006

  2. In article <4USZg.92$2net.dk>,
    Martin Bilgrav <> wrote:

    >I have read that the ASA5505 is to be released soon - any ideas when ?

    Hmmm, it's on the order books of some places, and I found a couple
    that *appear* to be indicating they have stock, but I'm not about
    to place a real order just to confirm it.

    >Also I have read that the V7.2, that the ASA5505 starts with, supports Dual
    >ISP (could be that other 7.x version does aswell - i dunno)
    >How is this done ?
    >And how does it work ...

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

    It's a floating static route with icmp reachability testing.
    "Note: This configuration does not work for load balancing/load sharing."

    Walter Roberson, Oct 20, 2006

  3. Hi Martin,

    The ASA 5505 should be on the Cisco Global Price List and available for
    order the first week of November 2006.

    Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliances Models Comparison:

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

    It may retail for $595.00

    Hope this helps.

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com - Refurbished Cisco PIX Firewall Guide
    http://www.bradreese.com/refurbished-cisco-pix-firewalls.htm
    1293 Hendersonville Road, Suite 17
    Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803
    USA & Canada: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    AIM: R2MGrant
    http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-power-supply-inventory.htm

    www.BradReese.Com, Oct 20, 2006
  4. "Walter Roberson" <> wrote in message

    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...s_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml
    >
    > It's a floating static route with icmp reachability testing.
    > "Note: This configuration does not work for load balancing/load sharing."

    Hi Walter, and thank you for your reply.

    Funny stuff about the globals and NAT statements - Why not just use
    "interface" in the global ?
    and why the NAT with an ACL ...

    I dug into it abit more, as to the 5505:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00806417fe.html

    backup interface and assigning VLAN to the individual switchports.
    Nicely done Cisco !
    I like it allready

    But if I want LB/LS instead, what can be done then ?
    (Pardon my lag of os7.x experience)

    Also found some info on intra-Interface command, allowing you to route
    in/out the same interface.
    That will give som funny looking ACL for inside traffic (!)

    Regards
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Oct 20, 2006