    The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.

    Thanks,
    steven m

    Steven Moore, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Steven Moore

    DC Guest

    Steven Moore wrote:
    > My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
    > Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
    > The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.

    I'm sure you've considered this, but are you sure that your USB is
    working? Have you tried another USB device? Have you tried using a
    different USB port? Have you tried the device on a different computer
    with the same OS?

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

    DC, Nov 1, 2004

  3. Steven Moore

    patrick Guest

    DC wrote:
    > Steven Moore wrote:
    >
    >>My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
    >>Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
    >>The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.

    > I'm sure you've considered this, but are you sure that your USB is
    > working? Have you tried another USB device? Have you tried using a
    > different USB port? Have you tried the device on a different computer
    > with the same OS?

    Win98 (except for Win98SE, NEEDS the USB resource drivers!!!)

    Microsoft had NO CLUE, and, still doesn't! You go to the Lexar site to
    get the patch! OR, google for it! http://google.com

    You might want to try a LiveCD, that really works, and is virus proof!

    patrick, Nov 1, 2004
  4. Steven Moore

    DC Guest

    patrick wrote:
    > DC wrote:
    >> Steven Moore wrote:

    >>>My 93' Aptiva amd 333 win 98 oem, wont' recognize a 128mb Lexar Media
    >>>Jumpdrive USB, is there a way I can use software to accomplish this?
    >>>The usb (mem stick) says it doesn't need drivers or software.

    >> I'm sure you've considered this, but are you sure that your USB is
    >> working? Have you tried another USB device? Have you tried using a
    >> different USB port? Have you tried the device on a different computer
    >> with the same OS?

    > Win98 (except for Win98SE, NEEDS the USB resource drivers!!!)

    I don't run Win98!!!

    > Microsoft had NO CLUE, and, still doesn't! You go to the Lexar site to
    > get the patch! OR, google for it! http://google.com

    But, I don't have any Lexar devices!

    > You might want to try a LiveCD, that really works, and is virus proof!

    > http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

    I don't need a live cd! I don't have any viruses, either!

    }:O\

    DC, Nov 1, 2004