Q) Application Desgin: MSMQ, ADO in VB6

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Ramie, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Ramie

    Ramie Guest

    Dear MCSDs,

    I am a systems architect. I am in the process of
    desigining a VB application. I need your inputs on this
    application design.

    In a nutshell, the application needs to read multiple
    messages (each can be as large as 30MB) from a MSMQ queue
    and store in a DB2 table using direct ADO calls [I mean no
    SQL stored procedures].

    This application will be scheduled to run at specfic time
    intervals (say every 2 hours), so will be hosted in
    Control-M.

    Note: The design oprions - VB language, Control-M, ADO,
    and MSMQ are fixed, should say, dictated by the Tech
    Archtiecture team, so no other options can be considered.

    Please share your thoughts on this application design. In
    case, you need additional information, please feel free to
    ask me.

    Thanks in advance!

    Warm Regards,
    Ramie

    Ramie, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Ramie

    Guest Guest

    VB 6.0 & ADO 2.7 or VB.NET & ADO.NET? How are the messages structured? You
    may want to verify to what extent the ADO provider for DB2 supports BLOBs.

    WKidd

    Guest, Oct 31, 2003

  3. Ramie

    Ramie Guest

    The application needs to be deveoped in VB 6.0 & ADO 2.7.
    I am not sure about ADO/DB2 provider limitations for data
    size.

    Ramie, Oct 31, 2003
  4. Wow, you're a systems architect? Does your employer know you post to
    newsgroups to figure out how to do your job?

    General Protection Fault, Nov 3, 2003
  5. Ramie

    Guest Guest

    An expert is someone who knows when and where to find the answer. A neophyte
    is someone who thinks they already have all the answers they need.

    WKidd

    "General Protection Fault" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Guest, Nov 3, 2003