q - 2 jetstart accounts on one phone line?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:55:45 +1300, Evil Bastard wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm approaching my 10GB monthly jetstart cap, even though it's less than
    > halfway through my monthly billing cycle. Needless to say, I'm having to
    > cut back my usage until the present billing cycle ends.
    >
    > Question is - can I open a jetstart account with another ISP, on the same
    > phone line, and just switch the router from my main ISP to this second ISP
    > when I've nearly maxed out the first 10GB?

    Why not open up a second account with the *same* ISP and change over when
    required?

    > Would Telecom have a problem with me trafficking up to 20GB on the one
    > jetstart phone line, split between two ISPs?

    I doubt it unless you want 2 for the price of one ;-) Unless Telecom is
    your ISP, then they just supply the ADSL connection. For this you can
    shove as much ADSL data as you like down it. Your wallet, via your ISP
    will govern though.

    Evil Bastard, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Evil Bastard wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm approaching my 10GB monthly jetstart cap, even though it's less
    > than halfway through my monthly billing cycle. Needless to say, I'm
    > having to cut back my usage until the present billing cycle ends.
    >
    > Question is - can I open a jetstart account with another ISP, on the
    > same phone line, and just switch the router from my main ISP to this
    > second ISP when I've nearly maxed out the first 10GB?
    >
    > Would Telecom have a problem with me trafficking up to 20GB on the one
    > jetstart phone line, split between two ISPs?

    Telecom shouldn't have a problem. Why don't you get two accounts with the
    same ISP? We heard from someone a year or so ago who was doing this with
    great success (Until one month he forgot to switch the accounts over.. oops!
    That's a lot of dollars!)

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Nov 7, 2003