    anyone come across Python 22 before?

    Cheers,
    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 28, 2005

  2. E. Scrooge

    EMB Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > I noticed this on a fairly new PC that has XP.
    > Looks like some open source thing for sharing certain files with other OS.
    >
    > I couldn't find anything about being associated to any kind of spyware. Has
    > anyone come across Python 22 before?

    A google for 'python' would get you to http://www.python.org on the
    first hit. Your answers will probably be found there.

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Oct 28, 2005

  3. E. Scrooge

    AD. Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > I noticed this on a fairly new PC that has XP.
    > Looks like some open source thing for sharing certain files with other OS.
    >
    > I couldn't find anything about being associated to any kind of spyware. Has
    > anyone come across Python 22 before?

    Python 2.2 maybe?

    Programs written in Python generally (there are exceptions) need Python
    installed to run.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 28, 2005
  4. E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "EMB" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> I noticed this on a fairly new PC that has XP.
    >> Looks like some open source thing for sharing certain files with other
    >> OS.
    >>
    >> I couldn't find anything about being associated to any kind of spyware.
    >> Has anyone come across Python 22 before?

    > A google for 'python' would get you to http://www.python.org on the first
    > hit. Your answers will probably be found there.
    >
    > --
    > EMB

    Thanks for that, EMB.
    I didn't notice much under python 22 explaining it's purpose, it was fairly
    late when I was looking.
    At least it looks harmless enough.

    Cheers,
    E. Scrooge