    Anyone know of a card I can use for a RIS client that is
    availble now? A source for the card would also be
    appreciated.
    myrt webb, Jan 8, 2004

  2. In article <0c9001c3d5ff$31957100$>,
    says...
    > I would like to install RIS and use it to configure a
    > client computer on my lab setup.
    >
    > I have tried in the past when I was working on 210 but was
    > unable to find a PXE LAN card or a LAN card supported by
    > the boot disk.
    >
    > The 217 MS guide has a list of LAN cards but they are all
    > out of date.
    >
    > Anyone know of a card I can use for a RIS client that is
    > availble now? A source for the card would also be
    > appreciated.

    Pretty much any intel or 3Com card is virtually guaranteed to work. In
    fact, it's harder to find non-PXE cards these days than PXE cards, in my
    experience.

    Laura
    Laura A. Robinson [MVP], Jan 8, 2004

  3. I bought four Edimax en-9130txa cards at 9.95 each last year just for PXE
    testing. Great card. Can't find company in Canada that I got them from but
    search a
    bit and you will. Great fast flawless. PXE worked perfectly. They also have
    Wake on LAN so I have used them as fallback platform.

    Nettransplant, Jan 8, 2004
  4. http://www.bootroms.com/catalog/default.php

    Nettransplant, Jan 8, 2004