    I'd hate to have to reformat & reinstall Windows. Any suggestions?
    TIA.

    Steve Meyerson

    Steve Meyerson, Sep 21, 2004

  2. Steve Meyerson

    SwissTony Guest

    "Steve Meyerson" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I often get the same annoying blue webpage offering Online Roulette,
    > Party Poker, Slots (sic) Machines, spy removers, all of which I would
    > dare not click.
    >
    > It doesn't hijack my home page or the page I get in response to a
    > Google request, but when I click on certain links offered by Google
    > (about one out of every ten times), it appears.
    >
    > Today it appeared when I typed "Buy.com" in the address bar (without
    > Google), which is a site I had no problem with before.
    >
    > I've tried numerous programs (which may have compounded the problem),
    > including HijackThis, Spyware, SpySweeper, ScanRegistry. I've also
    > installed the latest Win98 updates.
    >
    > I'd hate to have to reformat & reinstall Windows. Any suggestions?
    > TIA.
    >
    > Steve Meyerson

    try google toolbar which is pretty good at stoping popups and it has the
    search feature built in.
    i beleive the site is http://toolbar.google.com
    also try spyware blaster as well, it blocks certian advert sites.

    SwissTony, Sep 21, 2004

  3. On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:22:31 +0100, "SwissTony" <>
    wrote:
    >try google toolbar which is pretty good at stoping popups and it has the
    >search feature built in.
    >i beleive the site is http://toolbar.google.com
    >also try spyware blaster as well, it blocks certian advert sites.

    Thanks, Tony. I do use the Google toolbar. I don't think this is just
    another popup. It takes the full browser window and appears INSTEAD of
    the page I want rather than in "addition" to it.

    I just installed Spyware Blaster. It claims to prevent future spyware
    attacks but doesn't remove the present ones.

    Steve

    Steve Meyerson, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Steve Meyerson

    °Mike° Guest

    Download, update and use ALL of the following -- even
    if you already have them installed, UPDATE THEM NOW.
    Malware changes by the day, even by the hour, so you MUST
    have the latest version of removal tools:

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/en/index.html
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware SE
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/
    http://www.lavasoft.de/
    Ad-Aware VX2 cleaner plug-in
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    http://www.lavasoft.de/software/plugins/vx2cleaner.shtml
    IMPORTANT NOTICE:

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:17:25 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Meyerson scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 21, 2004
  5. Steve Meyerson

    Buster Guest

    Buster wrote:
    StalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalk
    StalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalk
    StalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalk
    StalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalk
    StalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalk
    StalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalkStalk
    Ooop, dumb **** I am...
    StorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStork
    StorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStorkStork

    Buster, Sep 21, 2004
  6. Thank you, Mike. Wouldn't it be nice if all this weren't necessary

    Steve Meyerson, Sep 22, 2004
  7. Steve Meyerson

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome, and yes, it would.

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:37:35 -0400, in
    <>
    Steve Meyerson scrawled:

    >Thank you, Mike. Wouldn't it be nice if all this weren't necessary
    >
    >On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 18:23:02 +0100, °Mike° <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Download, update and use ALL of the following

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Sep 22, 2004
  8. Steve Meyerson

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:17:25 -0400, Steve Meyerson
    <> wrote:

    >I often get the same annoying blue webpage offering Online Roulette,
    >Party Poker, Slots (sic) Machines, spy removers, all of which I would
    >dare not click.
    >
    >It doesn't hijack my home page or the page I get in response to a
    >Google request, but when I click on certain links offered by Google
    >(about one out of every ten times), it appears.
    >
    >Today it appeared when I typed "Buy.com" in the address bar (without
    >Google), which is a site I had no problem with before.
    >
    >I've tried numerous programs (which may have compounded the problem),
    >including HijackThis, Spyware, SpySweeper, ScanRegistry. I've also
    >installed the latest Win98 updates.
    >
    >I'd hate to have to reformat & reinstall Windows. Any suggestions?
    >TIA.

    Steve Meyerson

    If it happened in the last 5 days you could try restoring a Registry
    backup from before when it started. Run SCANREG and restore the
    appropriate backup.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Sep 23, 2004