Puzzled

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by cavaliers, Jul 13, 2004.

  1. cavaliers

    cavaliers Guest

    Hi there,
    Help please for a new digital owner (Canon S30).

    When viewing at the end of the day recently camera showed 14 of 14
    pictures. Previous 12 pics from another time didn't show up. I reckoned I
    had 'lost' them somehow or other.

    Later when I downloaded pics to the computer all 26 turned up; so not 'lost'
    after all. Puzzled.

    Took flashcard to another Canon camera, and to another computer, same
    experience as above.

    Tonight 'erased' all pics and put card in the computer. Result 14 pics
    erased and the 12 'lost' pics remained.. So re-formatted the disc now and
    all gone.

    However question remains: Can anyone tell me why the original 12 pics on
    the camera didn't show up on the camera but kept showing up on the computer?
    And why I had to reformat to erase them. I don't think they were protected
    but if they had been would this have made a difference?

    Thanks for any help, suggestions, advice.
    Diana

    cavaliers, Jul 13, 2004

  2. cavaliers

    YoYo Guest

    I will throw a guess saying that the file numbers jumped so it only saw the
    latest. I usually format my card each time I reload my card.

    YoYo, Jul 13, 2004

  3. cavaliers

    cavaliers Guest

    Yo Yo
    thanks for your response but still don't understand ;o(
    perhaps an anomaly and I'm not meant to understand

    cavaliers, Jul 13, 2004