    I notice that some postings in the newsgroup have an icon that looks like a
    page of writing whilst others have what looks like half a torn page, which
    setting do I need for sending messages with the right icon?
    BUDDY HOLLY, Aug 25, 2004

  2. BUDDY HOLLY

    Dan Glybitz Guest

    "BUDDY HOLLY" <> wrote in message
    news:cghqi4$5dk$...
    > I notice that some postings in the newsgroup have an icon that looks like

    > page of writing whilst others have what looks like half a torn page, which
    > setting do I need for sending messages with the right icon?

    You don't. The page of writing icon in colour is a downloaded message, black
    and white is a read message. The torn icon is a message on the server not
    yet downloaded.

    DG.
    --
    "Then again, what do I know?"
    Dan Glybitz, Aug 25, 2004

  3. BUDDY HOLLY

    JayCee Guest

    "Dan Glybitz" <> wrote in message

    > "BUDDY HOLLY" <> wrote in message
    > > I notice that some postings in the newsgroup have an icon that looks

    like
    > > page of writing whilst others have what looks like half a torn page,

    which
    > > setting do I need for sending messages with the right icon?
    > >

    > You don't. The page of writing icon in colour is a downloaded message,

    black
    > and white is a read message. The torn icon is a message on the server not
    > yet downloaded.
    >
    > DG.
    > --
    > "Then again, what do I know?"

    For a complete run down on al of the message go to :

    outlook express > tools > help > contents and index
    In the new window, click on the 'Search' tab and type 'icons' into the text
    box. Click 'List Topics'
    Now scroll down to the 'Outlook Express message list icons' entry and double
    click.
    Hey presto! There's an explanation of all of the little icons that OE uses.

    HTH

    JayCee
    JayCee, Aug 25, 2004
  4. BUDDY HOLLY