    or
    Is there a website that might help me?

    many thanks

    anOLDun, May 11, 2004

  2. anOLDun

    Richard Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote in message
    news:c7p1a4$684$...
    > Lo all
    >
    > I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
    > solve for 10's of years.
    >
    > VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then have
    > to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
    >
    > Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
    > or
    > Is there a website that might help me?
    >
    > many thanks

    Draw a circle within the rectangle?
    Richard, May 11, 2004

  3. anOLDun

    Pompey© Guest

    alt.brain.teasers

    hth Kim

    Pompey©, May 11, 2004
  4. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    PUH_LEASE

    It should be THAT simple.......

    and b4 u ask...... nor is it how to draw an "open" envelope without lifting
    your pen from the paper
    heheheh

    anOLDun, May 11, 2004
  5. anOLDun

    anOLDun Guest

    Hi Kim

    Many thanks for the link.

    Cheers

    anOLDun, May 11, 2004
  6. Richard wrote:

    > "anOLDun" <> wrote in message
    >> Lo all

    >> I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying
    >> to solve for 10's of years.

    >> VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then
    >> have to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.

    >> Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ? or Is there a
    >> website that might help me?

    >> many thanks

    > Draw a circle within the rectangle?

    That won't cross the lines that form the rectangle itself, which also
    are included in the requirement.

    Also, there is, IIRC, a particular number and arrangement of the
    "sections" (rectangles) inside the original figure. At least I've
    never seen the puzzle stated as simply "draw a rectangle and then
    divide into sections".

    Also, IIRC, the figure is (fixed-pitch fonts, please):

    +------------+-------------+
    | | |
    | | |
    | | |
    +------+-----+-----+-------+
    | | | |
    | | | |
    | | | |
    +------+-----------+-------+

    Remember -- only cross each segment once, and no "walking the line"
    -- IOW, you can't draw *along* a line to travel upon it without
    crossing it.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 4892F
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary
    Blinky the Shark, May 11, 2004
  7. anOLDun

    Pompey© Guest

    :) hope it helped...ur welcome

    Kim

    Pompey©, May 11, 2004
  8. anOLDun

    Zaltor Guest

    "anOLDun" <> wrote in message
    > Lo all
    >
    > I would like to post here a puzzle/conundrum that i have been trying to
    > solve for 10's of years.
    >
    > VERY briefly..... you draw a rectangle then divide into sections then have
    > to draw a line through the whole thing crossing each line once.
    >
    > Is it ok to do post the whole explanation here ?
    > or
    > Is there a website that might help me?

    Nothing said the line had to be strait right? It could be a squiggly
    line that hits each segment once. :-/ mmm maybe...

    Zaltor, May 14, 2004