    I appreciate any feedback.
    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Oct 25, 2007

  2. Bob Bob

    Guest

    Bob Bob <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
    >impressed.
    >
    >Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
    >
    >Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
    >commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?
    >
    >I appreciate any feedback.

    Have you used telnet supplied with Windows?

    Start | Run <type in>
    CMD /K telnet /?
    <enter>

    or click on: telnet://nightmare.homeip.net
    --

    bubble wrap.
    http://public.aregner.com/bubblewrap.swf

    , Oct 25, 2007

  3. Bob Bob

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:06:10 -0400, Bob Bob <>
    wrote:

    >Hi
    >I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
    >impressed.
    >
    >Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?

    I've used it.

    >Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
    >commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

    No.

    Telnet is text only.

    Evan Platt, Oct 25, 2007
  4. Bob Bob

    Bob Bob Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 19:41:14 -0700, wrote:

    > Bob Bob <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
    >>impressed.
    >>
    >>Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
    >>
    >>Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
    >>commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?
    >>
    >>I appreciate any feedback.

    >Have you used telnet supplied with Windows?
    >
    >Start | Run <type in>
    >CMD /K telnet /?
    ><enter>
    >
    >or click on: telnet://nightmare.homeip.net

    I misunderstood the product.- wanted a replacemtn for PCAnywhere and
    not a Tenet type product.
    Thanks for the post.
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Oct 25, 2007
  5. Bob Bob

    Bob Bob Guest

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:20:54 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 22:06:10 -0400, Bob Bob <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Hi
    >>I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
    >>impressed.
    >>
    >>Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?

    >I've used it.
    >
    >>Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
    >>commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

    >No.
    >
    >Telnet is text only.

    Thank You for the time - my misunderstanding.
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Oct 25, 2007
  6. Bob Bob

    John Holmes Guest

    Bob Bob "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi
    > I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
    > impressed.
    >
    > Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
    >
    > Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
    > commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?
    >
    > I appreciate any feedback.
    > Thanks
    > Bob

    The best is RAdmin. It's superfast. The older versions are for free, the
    newest 3.0 version isn't. Google for RAdmin 2.0 or RAdmin 2.1, it's
    sitting around somewhere.

    --
    Your mother was a stern dimwit who joined a religious cult in fast food
    restaurants.

    John Holmes, Oct 25, 2007
  7. Bob Bob wrote:

    > Hi
    > I recently discovered this software and, after reading through it am
    > impressed.
    >
    > Has anyone used it and can add a few thoughts about it?
    >
    > Can it be the link between two(windows) systems and replace more
    > commonly used applicaitons like PC Anywhere or Gotomypc?

    Putty is a (secure, encrypted) version of telnet and ftp - both text-only
    tools to communicate and transfer files with/from unix or linux servers.
    If you want windows to windows, with shared folders, you'd need the remote
    desktop provided by remote desktop connection or even netmeeting
    remotedesktop sharing, or as a free and interoperable solution (works for
    linux or unix as well), use tightvnc. However, it lacks filesharing
    capabilities.

    wisdomkiller & pain, Oct 25, 2007