    that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs but not
    on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.

    What do people recommend?

    Geoff Pearson, Dec 16, 2005

  2. Geoff Pearson

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
    > perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
    > which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3 and
    > that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs but not
    > on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.
    >
    > What do people recommend?

    Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Dec 16, 2005

  3. Geoff Pearson

    John Inzer Guest

    Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
    >> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music.
    >> I've googled a bit and found Picassa, which doesn't make
    >> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
    >> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
    >> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
    >> will have to buy something.
    >>
    >> What do people recommend?

    ===============================
    Maybe the following link will be useful:

    Burn a Photo Story to DVD
    and Watch It on Your TV
    http://tinyurl.com/8aasp

    --

    John Inzer

    John Inzer, Dec 16, 2005
  4. "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
    >> perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
    >> which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
    >> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs
    >> but not on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.
    >>
    >> What do people recommend?

    > Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.
    >
    > --
    > Cheers
    > Oldus Fartus

    I've got Nero! Which bit does it?

    Geoff Pearson, Dec 16, 2005
  5. "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >> Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
    >>> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit
    >>> and found Picassa, which doesn't make
    >>> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
    >>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
    >>> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
    >>> will have to buy something. What do people recommend?

    > ===============================
    > Maybe the following link will be useful:
    >
    > Burn a Photo Story to DVD and Watch It on Your TV
    > http://tinyurl.com/8aasp
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer

    John

    thanks for the suggestion - perhaps it was you that pointed out Photostory
    to me a week or two ago. I did try it but then found I couldn't make a dvd
    playable disk. But compared to Nero this is very complicated. In 10
    minutes I have been able to make a test dick with Nero, using 100 photos
    from 1927, and see it on my dvd player. I can see how to add sound and
    track listing. This seems just what I was looking for, and I had it all the
    time. Why does Nero make things so difficult - so many meaningless titles?

    Geoff

    Geoff Pearson, Dec 16, 2005
  6. "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message

    > "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    >> Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will play a slide show,
    >>> perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a bit and found Picassa,
    >>> which doesn't make dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
    >>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file, which plays on PCs
    >>> but not on dvd players. So I think I will have to buy something.
    >>>
    >>> What do people recommend?

    >> Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Cheers
    >> Oldus Fartus

    > I've got Nero! Which bit does it?

    Found it and done it. Very pleased, thanks.

    Geoff Pearson, Dec 16, 2005
  7. Geoff Pearson

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > "Geoff Pearson" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message

    >>>Nero, or Ulead Video Workshop.
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Cheers
    >>>Oldus Fartus

    >>I've got Nero! Which bit does it?
    >>

    > Found it and done it. Very pleased, thanks.

    Pleased to help Geoff.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Dec 17, 2005
  8. Geoff Pearson

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    John Inzer wrote:
    > Oldus Fartus wrote:
    >
    >> Geoff Pearson wrote:
    >>
    >>> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
    >>> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music. I've googled a
    >>> bit and found Picassa, which doesn't make
    >>> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
    >>> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
    >>> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
    >>> will have to buy something.
    >>> What do people recommend?

    > ===============================
    > Maybe the following link will be useful:
    >
    > Burn a Photo Story to DVD and Watch It on Your TV
    > http://tinyurl.com/8aasp

    Not really John, I use either Nero or Ulead thanks.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Dec 17, 2005
  9. Geoff Pearson

    Piper Guest

    "John Inzer" <> wrote in message
    > Oldus Fartus wrote:
    > > Geoff Pearson wrote:
    > >> I want to make a cd/DVD to send to family which will
    > >> play a slide show, perhaps with commentary or music.
    > >> I've googled a bit and found Picassa, which doesn't make
    > >> dvd player compatible disks. I've tried Photostory 3
    > >> and that doesn't do it either - it makes a wmv file,
    > >> which plays on PCs but not on dvd players. So I think I
    > >> will have to buy something.
    > >>
    > >> What do people recommend?

    > ===============================
    > Maybe the following link will be useful:
    >
    > Burn a Photo Story to DVD
    > and Watch It on Your TV
    > http://tinyurl.com/8aasp
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Inzer

    John,
    I found your link for putting photos on dvd and i thank you so much for it,
    i love the photo story 3.I do have one problem.I cant seem to burn my story
    on to my dvd player...i dont have the money for the sonic to burn it with.I
    do have the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.Is there any other way to burn my
    story..thanks!
    Piper

    Piper, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Geoff Pearson

    Donald Guest

    nero photo show

    Donald, Jan 9, 2006
  11. Geoff Pearson

    Piper Guest

    "Donald" <> wrote in message
    > nero photo show
    >
    > "Piper" <> wrote in message
    > > "John Inzer" <> wrote in message

    > >> ===============================
    > >> Maybe the following link will be useful:
    > >>
    > >> Burn a Photo Story to DVD
    > >> and Watch It on Your TV
    > >> http://tinyurl.com/8aasp
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> John Inzer
    > >>

    > > John,
    > > I found your link for putting photos on dvd and i thank you so much for
    > > it,
    > > i love the photo story 3.I do have one problem.I cant seem to burn my
    > > story
    > > on to my dvd player...i dont have the money for the sonic to burn it
    > > with.I
    > > do have the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.Is there any other way to burn

    my
    > > story..thanks!
    > > Piper

    I really dont like nero, but thanks for the suggestion.
    piper

    Piper, Jan 10, 2006
  12. Geoff Pearson

    MaryL Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote in message
    > "Donald" <> wrote in message
    >> nero photo show
    >>
    >> "Piper" <> wrote in message
    >> > "John Inzer" <> wrote in message

    >> > John,
    >> > I found your link for putting photos on dvd and i thank you so much for
    >> > it,
    >> > i love the photo story 3.I do have one problem.I cant seem to burn my
    >> > story
    >> > on to my dvd player...i dont have the money for the sonic to burn it
    >> > with.I
    >> > do have the dvd decrypter and dvd shrink.Is there any other way to burn

    > my
    >> > story..thanks!
    >> > Piper
    >> >

    > I really dont like nero, but thanks for the suggestion.
    > piper

    I realize that you said you don't like Nero, but have you tried Nero
    Express? I followed someone's advice from this group and got Nero 7. I
    tried Express first (recommended in the tiny manual that comes with it), and
    that really was a remarkably easy -- and relatively fast -- way to burn data
    (including a large number of photos) to a DVD.

    MaryL

    MaryL, Jan 10, 2006
  13. Geoff Pearson

    Guest

    Photo2DVD Studio is a good option for putting pictures on dvd with
    music. Download for free trial at http://www.photo-to-dvd.com.

    Enjoy!

    , Jan 11, 2006