    anyway?
    Thanks
    SPG

    spg, Jun 24, 2003

  2. spg

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    well its always polite to ask, that said its not always possible to contact
    the site owner, I figure that most people would be glad of a link from
    someones site providing that it doesnt result in too many hits at once and
    the site becoming swamped and slowing down or even stopping
    "spg" <> wrote in message
    : Hi
    : What is the"netticate" for putting a link ,on your website, to someone
    else
    : web site?
    : Is it correct to ask first or is it just assumed that people will do it
    : anyway?
    : Thanks
    : SPG
    :
    :

    Ðaz ©., Jun 24, 2003

  3. spg

    °Mike° Guest

    You should always ask first. Some people would object to
    the increased site traffic; others might not want to seem
    to be associated with certain other web sites.

    On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 04:28:31 +1200, in
    <q5%Ja.48287$>
    spg scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 24, 2003
  4. spg

    SgtMinor Guest

    As long as your links are not to email addresses, or to screens two or
    three layers down in the hierarchy of the site, you should be OK. URLs
    are like street addresses. Your name may not be on the mailbox, but if
    I knock on a thousand doors and finally find you, I'm not obliged to
    keep your address a secret. Consider too, that many a ng thread
    contains URLs.

    Some object, or have terms about hyperlinking. The Project Management
    Institute wants you to jump through some hoops when you link to their
    site: http://www.pmi.org/info/LinkAgreement.asp

    Almost any site that hawks goods, services, or ideas, should welcome
    additional traffic. Many even pay for that 'service.' And for those
    who don't, let 'em give out passwords. Just don't piss off your
    friends.

    --
    "Netiquette" is the Canadian way."

    SgtMinor, Jun 25, 2003