    Never opened up a laptop before and don't know what to look for.... any
    tips???

    Thanks....regards...jimi
    Jimi, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Jimi

    SgtMinor Guest

    Jimi wrote:
    > I have an Hp Pavillion 8000 laptop computer and wish to buy more ram for
    > it. Buying it is no problem, I want to be able to install it.
    >
    > I have installed by myself upgrades to ram on the home computer...I've
    > also installed usb port cards, video graphic cards, and other mechanical
    > devices on the home computer by myself.
    >

    > Never opened up a laptop before and don't know what to look for.... any
    > tips???
    >
    > Thanks....regards...jimi

    See "Adding or Replacing Memory Modules":
    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00723709.pdf
    SgtMinor, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Jimi

    Jimi Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > Jimi wrote:
    >> I have an Hp Pavillion 8000 laptop computer and wish to buy more ram
    >> for it. Buying it is no problem, I want to be able to install it.
    >>
    >> I have installed by myself upgrades to ram on the home
    >> computer...I've also installed usb port cards, video graphic cards, and
    >> other mechanical devices on the home computer by myself.
    >>

    >> Never opened up a laptop before and don't know what to look for....
    >> any tips???
    >>
    >> Thanks....regards...jimi

    > See "Adding or Replacing Memory Modules":
    > http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00723709.pdf

    Thank you very much!
    Jimi, Nov 14, 2006
  4. Jimi

    nobody > Guest

    Jimi wrote:
    > I have an Hp Pavillion 8000 laptop computer and wish to buy more ram for
    > it. Buying it is no problem, I want to be able to install it.
    >
    > I have installed by myself upgrades to ram on the home computer...I've
    > also installed usb port cards, video graphic cards, and other mechanical
    > devices on the home computer by myself.
    >

    > Never opened up a laptop before and don't know what to look for.... any
    > tips???
    >
    > Thanks....regards...jimi

    I don't know that model, but most laptops have a removable cover for RAM
    access. Sometimes it's a slider, sometimes it's a screwed on cover. Get
    adventuresome and see what shows on the bottom of it. Sometimes the
    cover slides to the side or back. Sometimes it's under the same cover as
    the hard-drive (and sometimes under that hard-drive.
    nobody >, Nov 14, 2006