    help.

    Thanks.

    Marc.

    Marc P., Nov 1, 2003

  2. Marc P.

    Some Jedi Guest

    hi marc,

    get photo, select all, then select menu again to modify then border, in
    popup box put 4px for example. then press alt-delete. this will give you a
    border of whatever the background is set to, easy to get ok black and white
    borders. I use Fireworks for bevelled borders and dont really know how to do
    that type in photoshop.

    If any one knows then I would love to know too.

    ((I am also looking for info on how to make a black one pixel border around
    an image using photoshop))

    Some Jedi, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Marc P.

    dwolf Guest

    It's the dumbest thing.... Why not a option to "add border". There is for
    printing but that does not help.I've posed this question before and the only
    reasonable answer is the set the canvas background to the color of the
    border you want. And then go to canvas size and increase the canvas on all
    sides. depending on how much bigger you make the canvas that will give you
    that border... dummm dummmmm .... not you. Joel

    dwolf, Nov 1, 2003
  4. "Marc P." <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm trying to put borders to photos in PS 7 for a future web site and
    > can't figure out how to do it!! I don't want those fancy 3rd party
    > borders, just simple borders like the ones found on this web site:
    >
    > http://www.brazeauphoto.com/mariage/page2.html
    >
    > If anyone can help me on this one or point me to ressources, I'd
    > appreciated it. I'm a newbie at PS 7 and the manual hasn't been much
    > help.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Marc.

    For borders: Make a color selection first, then Image>Add Borders

    However, the borders on the photos shown are not borders, the photos have
    been "buttonized".

    Effects>3D effects>buttonize, then play with the controls to get the
    dimensions and opacity you want. After that, I see that the images have
    been collaged/montaged, which requires another tutorial. I use "Xara X"
    for collage work (a cool app, fast), so I don't know how to do it in PS 7.

    Patrick

    Rudy Von Tschudi, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Paint Shop Pro 8 has simplified this to just one command, basically. MUCH
    better. I always wondered why the Photoshop god of programs made people
    jump through multiple commands just to do a simple boarder. geesh.

    Greg

    DigitalCameraBasics, Nov 2, 2003
  6. Marc P.

    wnor Guest

    It seems pretty simple to me. Hit Ctrl A to select the whole picture, hit
    Select>Modify>Borders, choose a size and hit OK. Voila, a border in the
    color of your choice.

    wnor, Nov 2, 2003
  7. Slightly different effect, but I have a tip on my web site about adding
    a virtual picture frame around an image. You can skip some steps if you
    don't want the 3D look.
    Look under the tips section on my home page..

    In article <>,
    says...

    --
    Robert D Feinman
    http://robertdfeinman.com

    Robert D Feinman, Nov 2, 2003
  8. Marc P.

    dwolf Guest

    Seems like you missed a couple of steps.. ??? Don't you need to choose fill
    next ? I did it and it still didn't look like a nice black hard line.. Joel

    dwolf, Nov 2, 2003