    be put in front of a wired/wireless router performing DHCP, NAT, WEP, and
    other key functions.
    , Jun 8, 2005

  2. Guest

    > http://www.smoothwall.org/

    This is an excellent starting point. I checked their site, and am really
    impressed with their product. But to get the filtering requires a
    commercial product that gets into several hundred $$$. But that tells me
    what I want to do is possible. Tks for the input.

    I'm going to search for a Linux based content filter, possibly to integrate
    with Smoothwall.
    , Jun 8, 2005

  3. why? Guest

    On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:07:20 GMT, wrote:

    >> http://www.smoothwall.org/
    >>

    >This is an excellent starting point. I checked their site, and am really
    >impressed with their product. But to get the filtering requires a
    >commercial product that gets into several hundred $$$. But that tells me
    >what I want to do is possible. Tks for the input.
    >
    >I'm going to search for a Linux based content filter, possibly to integrate
    >with Smoothwall.

    Squid?

    http://www.squid-cache.org/

    Can block by - server , user, make your own word ban list , premade ban
    lists, by port , single client can access a specific address, block /
    allow a client / users by time.

    Then the MARA Systems AB Content Control Filter or DansGuardian.

    Me
    why?, Jun 8, 2005
  4. pcbutts1 Guest

    Belkin routers have a content filter have you used theirs?

    pcbutts1, Jun 9, 2005