    The cheaper the better pls although I am happy to pay for a legit copy of
    the right product..

    Jon
    JRS, Oct 21, 2003

  2. JRS

    0O0 Guest

    try Serco DataSentry

    "JRS" <> wrote in message
    news:Ua9lb.13794$9.net...
    > Don't like their licensing or crippled traveller mode.
    >
    > I need something that will encrypt volumes / partitions of 10Gb or more

    and

    0O0, Oct 23, 2003

  3. JRS

    brandorf Guest

    "0O0" <> wrote in message news:<bn8gen$p84$>...
    > try Serco DataSentry
    >

    > "JRS" <> wrote in message
    > > Don't like their licensing or crippled traveller mode.
    > >
    > > I need something that will encrypt volumes / partitions of 10Gb or more

    > and
    > > be capable of doing this on a portable USB hard drive. It needs to be able
    > > to do this 'on the fly' with the minimum of overhead. The partition aspect
    > > is important as I need a 10Gb volume on a win98SE machine.
    > >
    > > The cheaper the better pls although I am happy to pay for a legit copy of
    > > the right product..
    > >
    > > Jon

    Won't PGPDisk do what you need? I use that quite a bit, and once the
    volume is created (10GB would take a while though), everything else is
    on the fly.

    - Brandon K
    brandorf, Oct 24, 2003
  4. JRS

    Dave Korn Guest

    > > try Serco DataSentry
    > >

    > > "JRS" <> wrote in message
    > > > Don't like their licensing or crippled traveller mode.
    > > >
    > > > I need something that will encrypt volumes / partitions of 10Gb or

    more
    > > and
    > > > be capable of doing this on a portable USB hard drive. It needs to be

    able
    > > > to do this 'on the fly' with the minimum of overhead. The partition

    aspect
    > > > is important as I need a 10Gb volume on a win98SE machine.
    > > >
    > > > The cheaper the better pls although I am happy to pay for a legit copy

    of
    > > > the right product..
    > > >
    > > > Jon
    > > >

    > Won't PGPDisk do what you need? I use that quite a bit, and once the
    > volume is created (10GB would take a while though), everything else is
    > on the fly.
    >
    > - Brandon K

    The only problem there is that PGPdisk volumes are limited to 2Gb on FAT
    partitions - as indeed are all files, it being the maximum filesize for
    FAT32. As JRS needs to use win98, NTFS would be a problem, unless he
    doesn't mind installing some ntfs-compatibility software to the w98 box.

    DaveK
    --
    moderator of
    alt.talk.rec.soc.biz.news.comp.humanities.meow.misc.moderated.meow
    Dave Korn, Oct 24, 2003
  5. JRS

    Mark Guest

    The problem is storing the 10GB container file on a FAT32 system - normally
    FAT32 max file size is 2GB.
    So that would restrict your virtual drive to 2GB normally.

    Mark, Oct 24, 2003
  6. JRS

    Frode Guest

    Mark wrote:

    >The problem is storing the 10GB container file on a FAT32 system - normally
    >FAT32 max file size is 2GB.
    >So that would restrict your virtual drive to 2GB normally.

    Not that it makes much difference considering the OP wants 10GB, but FAT16
    has a 2GB filesize limit. FAT32's is 4GB.

    --
    Frode
    Frode, Oct 24, 2003
  7. JRS