    Is there a way to put the Javascript checkbox somewhere on the always
    visible part of firefox?

    Ted

    (Ted Nolan, Jun 4, 2005

  2.  (Ted Nolan

    Rom Guest

    On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 04:01:52 GMT, Ted Nolan <tednolan> rambled:

    > I'm using Firefox 1.0 on FreeBSD. I like to run with Javascript
    > off when possible, but thare are many pages that must have it enabled
    > to work.
    >
    > I have a slow machine, and it is very painful to bring up the
    > Edit->Preferences->Web Features box each time I want to turn Javascript
    > on or off.
    >
    > Is there a way to put the Javascript checkbox somewhere on the always
    > visible part of firefox?

    Have a look at these two extensions:

    Pref Buttons 0.3.3:
    <http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=86>

    Pref Buttons is used the same as adding other buttons to toolbar(s),
    and has a good selection of pref checks and buttons.

    PrefBar 3.1.0: <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/>

    PrefBar would be more customisable, in that you're able to add your
    own prefs and buttons. For example, besides the usual pref checks and
    buttons for JavaScript and others that are default available items,
    I've added buttons for the Options, Manage Bookmarks, etc.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jun 4, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    Rom <> wrote:

    >> Is there a way to put the Javascript checkbox somewhere on the always
    >> visible part of firefox?

    >Have a look at these two extensions:

    >PrefBar 3.1.0: <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/>
    >
    >PrefBar would be more customisable, in that you're able to add your
    >own prefs and buttons. For example, besides the usual pref checks and
    >buttons for JavaScript and others that are default available items,
    >I've added buttons for the Options, Manage Bookmarks, etc.
    >
    >--
    >Rom

    Thanks!

    Prefbar works.