    Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a pirate.

    I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
    something like that.
    James Smith, Dec 8, 2010

  2. James Smith

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:

    > I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
    > Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
    > static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >
    > I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
    > to have it removed.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at winning a
    > lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get headaches everyday
    > from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
    >
    > Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a pirate.
    >
    > I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
    > something like that.

    The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
    left it in.
    --
    12/7/2010 9:18:37 PM CST
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010

  3. James Smith

    James Smith Guest

    Old Gringo38 <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:
    >
    >> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
    >> shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I
    >> removed it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >>
    >> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
    >> had to have it removed.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at
    >> winning a lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get
    >> headaches everyday from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
    >>
    >> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a
    >> pirate.
    >>
    >> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
    >> something like that.

    > The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
    > left it in.

    That doesn't help with the question I was asking. Thanks for the smug
    and simplistic reply just the same.
    James Smith, Dec 8, 2010
  4. James Smith

    Josey Wales Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:

    > I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
    > Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
    > static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >
    > I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
    > to have it removed.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at winning a
    > lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get headaches everyday
    > from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
    >
    > Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a pirate.
    >
    > I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
    > something like that.

    Just take your hog-leg down to the nearest Duck Head office, and go postal
    on them. Amazing what attention you can draw to a problem when you wave a
    pair of Colt .45 pistols around while screaming for a settlement! ;)

    --
    Josey Wales
    Are you going to pull those pistols, or whistle Dixie?
    Josey Wales, Dec 8, 2010
  5. James Smith

    James Smith Guest

    "WeReo_BoY" <> wrote in

    > You said you had the eye removed. Then you said you can see through
    > it. What is going on, sir?

    It was a mistype. I meant to type "can't see." I only have one eye! It
    isn't always easy geting every little word typed out correctly.
    James Smith, Dec 8, 2010
  6. James Smith

    Tony Guest

    Look at it this way even with one eye you can see at least 10 times better than
    a Chinaman can with both eyes.

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    the job for potty mouth,

    the realm of understandability

    Tony, Dec 8, 2010
  7. James Smith

    Dan C Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 03:30:03 +0000, James Smith wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
    >>> shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I
    >>> removed it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >>>
    >>> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
    >>> had to have it removed.
    >>>
    >>> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at
    >>> winning a lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get
    >>> headaches everyday from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
    >>>
    >>> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a
    >>> pirate.
    >>>
    >>> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
    >>> something like that.

    >> The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
    >> left it in.

    > That doesn't help with the question I was asking. Thanks for the smug
    > and simplistic reply just the same.

    Are you related to the wereo fucking retard?

    **** off and die, whacko.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he rolled off the prostitute.
    Dan C, Dec 8, 2010
  8. James Smith

    G. Morgan Guest

    James Smith <> wrote:

    >I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
    >Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
    >static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >
    >I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
    >to have it removed.

    Do you walk around in circles a lot?
    G. Morgan, Dec 8, 2010
  9. James Smith

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 23:07:44 -0500, Tony wrote:

    > Look at it this way even with one eye you can see at least 10 times better than
    > a Chinaman can with both eyes.

    <g>

    --
    12/7/2010 10:50:33 PM CST
    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010
  10. James Smith

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:48:18 -0600, G. Morgan wrote:

    > James Smith <> wrote:
    >
    >>I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
    >>shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed
    >>it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >>
    >>I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
    >>had to have it removed.

    > Do you walk around in circles a lot?

    He's got an eye missing. He doesn't have one foot nailed to the floor.

    Aardvark, Dec 8, 2010
  11. James Smith

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:30:03 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:

    > Old Gringo38 <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 03:14:02 +0000 (UTC), James Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
    >>> shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I
    >>> removed it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >>>
    >>> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
    >>> had to have it removed.
    >>>
    >>> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at
    >>> winning a lawsuit against Duck Head? It sucks being blind. I get
    >>> headaches everyday from the strain of trying to see using one eye.
    >>>
    >>> Little kids point at me and laugh at me and mock me and call me a
    >>> pirate.
    >>>
    >>> I was hoping to at least get a settlement for emotional distress or
    >>> something like that.

    >> The eyeball is the fastest healing part of the body, you should have
    >> left it in.

    > That doesn't help with the question I was asking. Thanks for the smug
    > and simplistic reply just the same.

    The way I read your post, I seen a lot crying, hoping, and bull shit,
    but saw no question. My Crystal Ball is working tonight, and it
    tells me you lose.
    --
    12/7/2010 10:53:13 PM CST
    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010
  12. James Smith

    Old Gringo38 Guest

    On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 22:48:18 -0600, G. Morgan wrote:

    > James Smith <> wrote:
    >
    >>I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
    >>Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
    >>static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >>
    >>I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
    >>to have it removed.

    > Do you walk around in circles a lot?

    Good one lol, did he mention which eye he is missing, so we can tell
    the direction he is turning in? If he is missing his right eye then
    he would be turning in a counterclockwise direction.
    --
    12/7/2010 11:01:09 PM CST
    Old Gringo38, Dec 8, 2010
  13. James Smith

    philo Guest

    On 12/07/2010 09:14 PM, James Smith wrote:
    > I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
    > Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
    > static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >
    > I can see in that eye now.

    Sorry you had static in your eye

    good to know you can see in that eye now

    thanks for posting a story with a happy ending...there is too much
    negativity here
    philo, Dec 8, 2010
  14. James Smith

    Mike Easter Guest

    James Smith wrote:
    > I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel shirt.
    > Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed it, the
    > static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >
    > I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I had
    > to have it removed.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at winning a
    > lawsuit against Duck Head?

    I think this is a troll, but I'll play the game. I talk to trolls from
    time to time.

    Personally I think you would do better to sue whoever was taking care of
    your eye problem between the time of the injury and the time of the
    enucleation/removal.

    I do not believe that static electricity in a flannel shirt can carry
    enough amps to significantly injure a cornea and I also do not believe
    that even if a cornea were injured somehow while removing a flannel
    shirt that the injury would be severe and in no case can I imagine the
    treatment for a corneal injury resulting in enucleation/removal of an
    eyeball.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 9, 2010
  15. James Smith

    Aardvark Guest

    On Wed, 08 Dec 2010 16:53:28 -0800, Mike Easter wrote:

    > James Smith wrote:
    >> I recently put my left eye out while taking off a Duck Head flannel
    >> shirt. Static electricity was built up in the shirt and when I removed
    >> it, the static electricity struck my eye and burned it.
    >>
    >> I can see in that eye now. It basically burnt a hole in my eye and I
    >> had to have it removed.
    >>
    >> I was wondering if anyone thought I may have a possible chance at
    >> winning a lawsuit against Duck Head?

    > I think this is a troll, but I'll play the game. I talk to trolls from
    > time to time.
    >
    > Personally I think you would do better to sue whoever was taking care of
    > your eye problem between the time of the injury and the time of the
    > enucleation/removal.
    >
    > I do not believe that static electricity in a flannel shirt can carry
    > enough amps to significantly injure a cornea and I also do not believe
    > that even if a cornea were injured somehow while removing a flannel
    > shirt that the injury would be severe and in no case can I imagine the
    > treatment for a corneal injury resulting in enucleation/removal of an
    > eyeball.

    Unless serious infection was the result of an originally minor injury. It
    does happen.

    Aardvark, Dec 9, 2010
  16. James Smith

    Mike Easter Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> Personally I think you would do better to sue whoever was taking care of
    >> your eye problem between the time of the injury and the time of the
    >> enucleation/removal.
    >>
    >> I do not believe that static electricity in a flannel shirt can carry
    >> enough amps to significantly injure a cornea and I also do not believe
    >> that even if a cornea were injured somehow while removing a flannel
    >> shirt that the injury would be severe and in no case can I imagine the
    >> treatment for a corneal injury resulting in enucleation/removal of an
    >> eyeball.

    > Unless serious infection was the result of an originally minor injury. It
    > does happen.

    That raises the issue of who was (and how were they) taking care of the
    eye from the time of the (alleged) injury.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Dec 9, 2010
  17. James Smith

    XS11E Guest

    Mike Easter <> wrote:

    > I think this is a troll

    Read the "booger" post, the OP is now firmly planted in my BozoBin!

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Dec 9, 2010
  18. James Smith

    RickMerrill Guest

    XS11E wrote:
    > Mike Easter<> wrote:
    >
    >> I think this is a troll

    > Read the "booger" post, the OP is now firmly planted in my BozoBin!

    Took long enough! ;-)
    RickMerrill, Dec 11, 2010
  19. James Smith

    G. Morgan Guest

    Old Gringo38 <> wrote:

    >> Do you walk around in circles a lot?

    >Good one lol, did he mention which eye he is missing, so we can tell
    >the direction he is turning in? If he is missing his right eye then
    >he would be turning in a counterclockwise direction.

    Precisely.
    G. Morgan, Dec 11, 2010
  20. James Smith

    G. Morgan Guest

    Old Gringo38 <> wrote:

    >> Do you walk around in circles a lot?

    >Good one lol, did he mention which eye he is missing, so we can tell
    >the direction he is turning in? If he is missing his right eye then
    >he would be turning in a counterclockwise direction.

    It's the left one. Counterclockwise.
    G. Morgan, Dec 11, 2010