    How do I do this?

    I'm a computer tech guy and I haven't been able to find this. Please
    help!

    Matt Porter, Sep 22, 2008

  2. Matt Porter

    Pavel A. Guest

    Matt Porter wrote:
    > When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
    > wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
    > page.
    >
    > When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
    > come up.
    >
    > But when the customer leaves the store I want his home page to be what
    > it was before he came in.
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > I'm a computer tech guy and I haven't been able to find this. Please
    > help!

    There is a known HTTP request "hooking" technique, used by
    many public hotspots, etc.
    Just ask your IT or network engineer, they should be able to implement this.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 22, 2008

  3. Matt Porter <> wrote:
    > When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
    > wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
    > page.
    >
    > When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
    > come up.
    >
    > But when the customer leaves the store I want his home page to be what
    > it was before he came in.
    >
    > How do I do this?
    >
    > I'm a computer tech guy and I haven't been able to find this. Please
    > help!

    Your client would need this feature in his/her wireless equipment. Check out
    SonicWALL devices with "wireless guest services" - or Cisco, or others.

    Lanwench [MVP - Exchange], Sep 22, 2008
  4. "Matt Porter" <> wrote in message
    > When a customer walks into my client's store and connects to the
    > wireless network I want the first web page they see to be store's home
    > page.
    >
    > When the customer opens his web browser I want the store's web page to
    > come up.

    It isn't something you "do"
    It is something you "buy"

    You need a Kiosk System (aka Internet Cafe system). Some hotels use them as
    well. Using Google should turn up several products.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Sep 22, 2008