Purported D2X Flyer

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael Benveniste, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Michael Benveniste, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Michael Benveniste

    E. Le Phant Guest

    E. Le Phant, Sep 16, 2004

  3. On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:29:59 +0100, "E. Le Phant"
    <> wrote:

    >I suggest you go back to DPReview and have another look.

    A much more trustworthy source, now that it's there. Thanks.
    --
    Michael Benveniste --
    Michael Benveniste, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Fake brochure. The "splash image" is a bad Photoshop paste-up. Nikon other
    brochures never have a white jagged cut line around the close cuts.

    Darrell Larose, Sep 16, 2004
  5. The real brocure is at:
    http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d2x/pdf/d2x_6p.pdf
    Odd they stuck with a APS-C sensor, big surprise was a film 35mm SLR, the F6
    http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/filmcamera/slr/2000-2004/f6/index.htm

    Darrell Larose, Sep 16, 2004
  6. On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 13:02:27 GMT, "Darrell Larose" <>
    wrote:

    >Fake brochure. The "splash image" is a bad Photoshop paste-up. Nikon other
    >brochures never have a white jagged cut line around the close cuts.

    Looks like there's more than one "official" version floating around.
    This one looks very similar to the "fake" at first glance:
    http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/D2X.pdf

    --
    Michael Benveniste --
    Michael Benveniste, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Michael Benveniste

    Mark Roberts Guest

    Mark Roberts, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Michael Benveniste

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    The file (D2X.pdf) from Nikon's web site
    (http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=D2X) is a two
    page .PDF file, but each page is about 25.5x11 and includes THREE 8.5x11
    pages.

    How the heck do I get Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat (I have both) to print
    out all SIX pages in this color brochure?

    Thanks!
    Anonymous, Sep 16, 2004
  9. Michael Benveniste

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    I was able to print it from Reader as landscape on letter size paper:
    Small print!

    You will do better with legal or 11x17 paper landscape.

    I don't know why they post such formats. OK for passing out in hard
    copy, not so hot for printing.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Sep 16, 2004
  10. Michael Benveniste

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    Thanks but I want to print it at full print size...

    Anonymous, Sep 16, 2004
  11. Michael Benveniste

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    The only thing I can think of is to use Acrobat to extract it to a Word
    file of six pages and print that.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Sep 16, 2004
  12. Michael Benveniste

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    I just used Adobe Acrobat to crop it into six individual documents and
    printed it the full six pages that way.

    They ought to fire the Adobe programmers that let this s/w get out...

    Anonymous, Sep 16, 2004
  13. Michael Benveniste

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Anonymous wrote:
    > I just used Adobe Acrobat to crop it into six individual documents and
    > printed it the full six pages that way.
    >
    > They ought to fire the Adobe programmers that let this s/w get out...

    Likely intended as a triple-fold, two-sided glossy brochure you will
    find in your local camera shop :)
    Phil Wheeler, Sep 16, 2004
  14. Gary Eickmeier, Sep 16, 2004
  15. Michael Benveniste

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    Of course, but how are we supposed to PRINT it with Reader or Acrobat?

    Anonymous, Sep 17, 2004
  16. Michael Benveniste

    George Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    Open it with Acrobat Reader (free from Adobe) and click on the little
    printer icon in the upper left of the frame.

    George, Sep 17, 2004
  17. Michael Benveniste

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - HOW DOES ONE PRINT THIS DAMN THING OUT?????

    DUH... George, did you read ANY of this thread before you posted your
    reply? It won't print because they formatted the .PDF as two 25x11 inch
    pages as opposed to six 8.5x11 pages...

    Try again, George...

    Anonymous, Sep 17, 2004
  18. Re: D2X Flyer - printing

    Anonymous wrote:

    > DUH... George, did you read ANY of this thread before you posted your
    > reply? It won't print because they formatted the .PDF as two 25x11 inch
    > pages as opposed to six 8.5x11 pages...

    The correct answer is: It was not made with the intention that it be
    printed on the average home printer.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 17, 2004
  19. Michael Benveniste

    George Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - printing

    Anonymous,

    DUH...even YOUR reply didn't show up which is why I am responding to it via
    John McWilliams' posting. No, I did not get ANY of the prior parts of the
    thread...I only tried to help you. If that bugs you, just add me to your
    killfile and I'll try to avoid answering any of your future postings (but it
    would be useful if you used something more imaginative than "anonymous" as I
    might get you confused with about 3 million other posters who use that
    moniker).

    George

    George, Sep 18, 2004
  20. Michael Benveniste

    Anonymous Guest

    Re: D2X Flyer - printing

    I don't owe you shit in terms of my identity. Just answer the damn question
    about printing and save the lecturing for someone else.

    Anonymous, Sep 20, 2004