    --
    Regards

    Mike
    Mike, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Mike

    °Mike° Guest

    Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

    Start / Run

    and type in (case sensitive):

    rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear

    If any remnants remain, remove them from the registry, under:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar

    Look for BackBitmap or BackBitmapIE5 and delete the entries.

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:04:07 -0000, in
    <bvbouf$na9$>
    Mike scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Mike

    Liz Guest

    How do I remove the "provided by ..." branding in the OE title bar.
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/how.htm#debrand

    Liz, Jan 29, 2004
  4. Mike

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:04:07 -0000, "Mike" <> wrote:

    >New Packard Bell WinXP system has Internet Explorer and Outlook Express with
    >dark purple toolbar wallpaper with the words Packard Bell on it. The colour
    >is such that the icon titles can hardly be read. Could someone please tell
    >me how to remove this and return to default. Many thanks.

    In addition to Mike and Liz, see: "Unbrand.vbs" from Doug Knox
    http://www.dougknox.com/utility/scripts_desc/unbrand.htm
    Unk, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Mike

    Mike Guest

    °Mike° wrote:
    > Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
    >
    > Start / Run
    >
    > and type in (case sensitive):
    >
    > rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    >

    > If any remnants remain, remove them from the registry, under:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >
    > Look for BackBitmap or BackBitmapIE5 and delete the entries.
    >

    > On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:04:07 -0000, in
    > <bvbouf$na9$>
    > Mike scrawled:
    >
    >> New Packard Bell WinXP system has Internet Explorer and Outlook
    >> Express with dark purple toolbar wallpaper with the words Packard
    >> Bell on it. The colour is such that the icon titles can hardly be
    >> read. Could someone please tell me how to remove this and return to
    >> default. Many thanks.

    Thanks everyone for the response. In particular Mike whose answer was the
    first I saw and the initial run line fixed everything without need for
    registry edit. I can not imagine what PB were thinking making it dark
    purple. Thanks again.

    --
    Regards

    Michael
    Mike, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Mike

    °Mike° Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 02:43:58 -0000, in
    <bvcgc5$hvr$>
    Mike scrawled:

    >°Mike° wrote:
    >> Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
    >>
    >> Start / Run
    >>
    >> and type in (case sensitive):
    >>
    >> rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    >>

    >> If any remnants remain, remove them from the registry, under:
    >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar
    >>
    >> Look for BackBitmap or BackBitmapIE5 and delete the entries.

    <snip>

    >Thanks everyone for the response. In particular Mike whose answer was the
    >first I saw and the initial run line fixed everything without need for
    >registry edit. I can not imagine what PB were thinking making it dark
    >purple. Thanks again.

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance