    usualy playing high end games and buring home videos? again i have heard that
    almost all games play well in 64 bit windows.....i think thats it for now
    thanks in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xvbmVkMQ==?=, Dec 19, 2005

  2. You can run 32-bit Windows on AMD64 cpu's just fine. However, you should
    read the threads in this newsgroup concerning burning software. Your
    favorite program may not run on x64 yet. If everything you want to do has
    worked for you up until now on 32-bit Windows then I would stay with that by
    at least dual booting the 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Without more
    information about your computer and the specific programs you run, no one
    can really advise you.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y2xvbmVkMQ==?=, Dec 19, 2005
  4. Another good site is PlanetAMD64. You might also view the webcast on x64 by
    Charlie Russel. Afterwards, if you have more questions post back.

    http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=909753

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2005
  5. Ok if this is the case...can i install xp 64 onto my c: drive while i leave
    my xp 32 on my g: drive..and just switch between the two when i want to do
    gaming and stuff? if so can you give me a newb explination or newb site with
    explanation? (ive done this stuff before, yet i am still fairly new to it all)
    =?Utf-8?B?Y2xvbmVkMQ==?=, Dec 19, 2005
  6. As long as you have xp x86 already installed you can set up a dual boot
    system just by installing x64 to another drive or partition. The only rule
    is that the older operating system is installed first and then the newer,
    which sounds like what you are about to do.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 19, 2005
  7. Yes you can, but whatever configuration you have right now would probably
    have to be formatted if you plan on putting XP Pro x64 on the primary disk.
    Check out this article about dual booting by Charlie Russel:
    Dual or Multi-Booting including Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/21/76180.aspx
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 19, 2005