Purchasing Help

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by BH, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. BH

    BH Guest

    BH, Oct 22, 2004

  2. BH

    HF Guest

    Neither. Build your own.It isnt rocket science.
    "BH" <> wrote in message
    > Which one of the following should I purchase? They both have what I
    > want, in the price range I want. Please help me decide, so I can stop
    > worry about this purchase.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&skuId=6843151&id=109346
    7659611&cmp=++

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000E0Z6T/ref=wl_it_dp/102-05
    66821-5611366?%5Fencoding=UTF8&coliid=I2JSUBHNIBGZCH&v=glance&colid=2KV7YCOD
    ESS5C

    ---

    HF, Oct 22, 2004

  3. BH

    Ionizer Guest

    "BH" <> wrote in message
    > Which one of the following should I purchase? They both have what I
    > want, in the price range I want. Please help me decide, so I can stop
    > worry about this purchase.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&skuId=6843151&id=1093467659611&cmp=

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...d=I2JSUBHNIBGZCH&v=glance&colid=2KV7YCODESS5C

    Of the two, I'd say get the one from Best Buy. It's $50 cheaper after the
    rebate, HDD is 40GB larger, SP2 is already installed (saving you the
    hassle,) it has some USB and firewire ports up front (not clear that the
    other one has any up front) the 9 in 1 media card reader will be handy at
    some point, and the DVD burner supports dual-layer discs (media prices
    will come down eventually.)

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Oct 22, 2004
  4. BH

    BH Guest

    That's the one I was leaning towards, if only because I can take it away
    from the store and not bother with shipping. The only thing I was
    concerned about was going with the Athlon over the P4. But from what
    I've read, there's not that huge of a difference. Thanks a lot.

    BH, Oct 22, 2004
  5. BH

    Joe Guest

    "BH" <> wrote in message
    > Which one of the following should I purchase? They both have what I
    > want, in the price range I want. Please help me decide, so I can stop
    > worry about this purchase.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&skuId=6843151&id=1093467659611&cmp=

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...d=I2JSUBHNIBGZCH&v=glance&colid=2KV7YCODESS5C

    For sure the Compac from Best Buy as it will be faster and has a dual layer
    dvd. Also with Best Buy you may return it within 30 days for a full refund
    with no restock fee or anything.

    Joe, Oct 22, 2004
  6. BH

    Joe Guest

    AMDs are cheaper and faster then a similar speed P4.

    Joe, Oct 22, 2004
  7. BH

    James Hilton Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message

    > "BH" <> wrote in message
    > > Which one of the following should I purchase? They both have what I
    > > want, in the price range I want. Please help me decide, so I can stop
    > > worry about this purchase.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=product&skuId=6843151&id=1093467659611&cmp=

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...d=I2JSUBHNIBGZCH&v=glance&colid=2KV7YCODESS5C

    > For sure the Compac from Best Buy as it will be faster and has a dual

    layer
    > dvd. Also with Best Buy you may return it within 30 days for a full refund
    > with no restock fee or anything.

    I agree 100%, but don't spend the rebate till you get it.

    James Hilton, Oct 23, 2004