Purchasing Advice

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by anniejeby@gmail.com, Apr 1, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Perhaps this is not the appropriate group to be posting this question
    but I desperately need some advice! I would like to by a digital
    camera/camcorder but am on an extremely limited budget. There is a
    Eurocam for $115, that looks amazing on paper anyway, almost too good
    to be true. I wonder if anyone knows anything about Eurocam quality or
    this specific model: DC12V-LE. I will be traveling with it, so it's
    especially important that it's durable. Let me know if you have any
    advice, thank you!

     6 in 1 Function - Digital camera, Digital camcorder, PC camera,
    Webcam, Voice recorder, Memory card reader  12 MEGA PIXELS Max
    interpolated resolution-more resolution for the largest prints  8X
    Digital Zoom  Digital Video Camcorder - Record videos at DVD quality
    640 X 480 resolution, up to 30fps (frames per second)!!!  Digital
    Voice Recorder  2.5" Full-Color TFT LCD - one of the largest digital
    camera LCD screens on the market!!!  Long lasting Li-ion rechargeable
    battery - take more than 900 photos on one charge!!  SD/MMC Memory
    (2GB Max) For compatible memory cards, click here!  TV-out  Mass
    Storage Device  Macro Mode  16MB built-in memory w/Expandable slot
    JPEG Compression  One year manufacture warranty INCLUDED BONUS ITEMS
    FOR FREE  Exclusive Gift Box Packaging  Camera Case & Hand Strap
    USB and AV Cables  Battery: 2 X AA Alkaline Batteries  CD Software
    Package - Includes  Digital Camera Drivers, and Photo editing program
    (Arcsoft Photo Impression 5.0 & Arcsoft Video Impression 2.0).  1
    Year Parts and Labor Warranty

    , Apr 1, 2007

  2. ? <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >Perhaps this is not the appropriate group to be

    It is, indeed.
    >posting this question
    >but I desperately need some advice! I would like to >by a digital
    >camera/camcorder but am on an extremely limited >budget. There is a
    >Eurocam for $115, that looks amazing on paper >anyway, almost too good
    >to be true. I wonder if anyone knows anything >about Eurocam quality or
    >this specific model: DC12V-LE. I will be traveling >with it, so it's
    >especially important that it's durable. Let me know >if you have any
    >advice, thank you!

    Well, the thumb rules are:there is no such thing as a free lunch, you get
    what you pay for, and if it looks too good to be true then it probably is.

    > 6 in 1 Function - Digital camera, Digital >camcorder, PC camera,
    >Webcam, Voice recorder, Memory card reader  >12 MEGA PIXELS Max
    >interpolated resolution-more resolution for the >largest prints

    It probably has a crappy 2 megapixel sensor and with interpolation reaches
    12 MP-better get one reputable camera from a reputable vendor-now I saw a
    Nikon Coolpix camera selling for 159 euros and it has 6.2 (real) MP.

    > 8X
    >Digital Zoom

    Consider this void-digital zoom is utterly useless.
    >  Digital Video Camcorder - Record videos at >DVD quality
    >640 X 480 resolution, up to 30fps (frames per >second)!!!

    That doesn't mean that your videos will look like the commercial dvds-merely
    that it records with some crappy MPEG-2 compression.A real camcorder is
    quite expensive, and usually records on mini DV tape, hard disk or small
    DVD-Rs.This records on the SD card.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering