    notebook, I don't care about the weight or the size, be it 15kgs, but I
    want toughness more than anything, can anyone recomend a specifc model
    (other than the panasonic toughbook)
    Mustafa, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Mustafa

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Mustafa <> wrote in news:cgit20$of2@news-
    dxb.emirates.net.ae:

    > Which is better; Pentium 4, 2.8ghz processor or Centrino 1.5ghz?

    Centrino

    > What is the bus speed and which is best?

    Faster can be better, but only if it is put to use.

    > What is the difference between Level 2 cache and the standard one, I

    All modern CPUs have L1 and L2 cache. Some even have L3 cache. Don't
    worry about it.

    > know it's the temporary ram on the chip, but what else. And will a Level
    > 2, 2mb cache really be that fast?

    Depending on the uses, it can be faster. The best bang per buck laptops on
    the market right now feature the Athlon 64 CPUs. Quite a few companies
    have A64 models for under $1400.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    DeMoN LaG, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Mustafa

    Joe Guest

    I went with a Compaq instead of a Toshiba a year ago over one feature. A
    scroll bar on the touch pad. The Compaq's and HP's had this but the Toshibas
    did not. What it is , is a scroll mouse on the touch pad. By dragging your
    finger up and down the scroll pad to the side of the touch pad you can
    scroll in a window like in IE with a scroll mouse. This just really made the
    using of a touch pad better to me. I Click with my thumb, Move with my
    middle finger , and scroll with my 4th finger. I just would not even
    consider a laptop without this feature. None of the Toshibas had this when I
    was looking.

    Joe

    Joe, Aug 27, 2004