    important to look for. I'd like to be able to get images that are
    8x10 at 300 dpi.

    Thanks for any suggestions!

    C, Aug 18, 2003

  2. C

    HRosita Guest

    Hi,

    I am a fan of Minolta scanners and just purchased the newest, the Minolta Elite
    5400.
    this might be an overkill because at a scan of 5400 ppi, it gives me a file if
    115 MB.
    At 2700, it shows a 25 - 30 MB file, printable at 12x8" at 300 ppi.

    So if that is the max print you need/want, check out the Minolta Elite II. Just
    make sure you get a scanner with ICE. Invaluable for older slides or film that
    have scratches, spots, etc.
    Rosita
    HRosita, Aug 18, 2003

  3. C

    Paul Cordes Guest

    "HRosita" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a fan of Minolta scanners and just purchased the newest, the Minolta

    Elite
    > 5400.
    > this might be an overkill because at a scan of 5400 ppi, it gives me a

    file if
    > 115 MB.
    > At 2700, it shows a 25 - 30 MB file, printable at 12x8" at 300 ppi.
    >
    > So if that is the max print you need/want, check out the Minolta Elite II.

    Just
    > make sure you get a scanner with ICE. Invaluable for older slides or film

    that
    > have scratches, spots, etc.
    > Rosita

    I also am a big fan of Minolta and would suggest the Dimage Scan Elite III.
    It comes with great software and you can load 5 slides at a time to be
    scanned.
    The fastest scans happen with a 1394 (Firewire) connection but USB is
    usable.
    The software that comes with it is first rate.
    Paul Cordes, Aug 19, 2003