    Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can offer,

    Gratefully,

    Lloydie
    Lloydie, Jun 27, 2003

  2. "Lloydie" <> wrote in message
    news:bdhodb$t4uai$...
    > Firstly please let me apologise for cross posting, I was not sure which
    > newsgroup my query would be best targeted at.
    >
    > I am currently about to purchase a digital camera but am torn between the
    > CASIO EXILIM EX-S2DDA 2.0 MP and the SONY DSC-U20S. Both appear to be
    > wonderfully compact and I can't seem to find one feature that gives one
    > preference over another, except perhaps for the Sony's lack of viewfinder
    > but I'm sure that can't be too much of a big deal??
    >
    > If anyone anywhere can give me some pointers or tips, or maybe even show

    me
    > to a site that has some comparative images taken by the two cameras I

    would

    Have you checked out www.dpreview.com?
    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 27, 2003

  3. Lloydie

    Lloydie Guest

    "Marvin Margoshes" <> wrote in message

    > Have you checked out www.dpreview.com?

    Nope I hadn't that one out thanks for the pointer, I'll check that out now,
    thanks a lot !
    Lloydie, Jun 27, 2003
  4. Lloydie

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Lloydie" <> wrote in news:bdhodb$t4uai$1@ID-
    152059.news.dfncis.de:

    > I am currently about to purchase a digital camera but am torn between the
    > CASIO EXILIM EX-S2DDA 2.0 MP and the SONY DSC-U20S. Both appear to be
    > wonderfully compact and I can't seem to find one feature that gives one
    > preference over another, except perhaps for the Sony's lack of viewfinder
    > but I'm sure that can't be too much of a big deal??

    How much do you want to spend? : ) The Canon Powershot S230/S400 and Pentax
    Optio S are also very good choices. Probably better than the two cameras
    mentioned above.

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Jun 27, 2003
  5. Lloydie

    Jack Mac Guest

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:37:36 +0100, "Lloydie" <> wrote:

    >Firstly please let me apologise for cross posting, I was not sure which
    >newsgroup my query would be best targeted at.
    >
    >I am currently about to purchase a digital camera but am torn between the
    >CASIO EXILIM EX-S2DDA 2.0 MP and the SONY DSC-U20S. Both appear to be
    >wonderfully compact and I can't seem to find one feature that gives one
    >preference over another, except perhaps for the Sony's lack of viewfinder
    >but I'm sure that can't be too much of a big deal??
    >
    >If anyone anywhere can give me some pointers or tips, or maybe even show me
    >to a site that has some comparative images taken by the two cameras I would
    >be extremely grateful; I'm going on holiday in 1 week so I really need to
    >make my purchase by Wednesday to have it delivered on time :eek:)
    >
    >Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can offer,
    >
    >Gratefully,
    >
    >Lloydie

    I tried a Casio EXILM EX-3 for about 3 weeks and took it back.
    The main problem I had with it was probably entirely my fault.
    It was so small I had a hard time taking pictures without moving
    the camera. I did make some pretty nice landscape photos with it
    when I didn't move the camera. The dim light capabilities seemed,
    to me, to be rather poor. I exchanged it for a CanonS-400. It's
    some larger but fits in a shirt pocket very well. I've been completely
    happy with it.
    I have no experience with the Sony DSC-U20S.

    Jack Mac
    Jack Mac, Jun 27, 2003
  6. Go to the shop and pick up each one. See how it feels in your hands,
    see how convenient it is to view through, see how your fingers fit all the
    controls. You might be sure that these things "can't be too much of a big
    deal" but they are once you are using it. No one can tell you how YOU a
    camera will fit you, they can only tell how it fits them.

    Just like buying shoes, you got to try them on.

    Now if someone has a view about how the results are, pay attention. Pay
    special attention as to what they like or dislike as you might have a
    different opinion about that, but in my opinion image quality is a more
    universal (though not completely so) standard than some other things.

    --
    Joseph E. Meehan

    26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

    Joseph Meehan, Jun 27, 2003
  7. Re: Subject line

    LOL. I've never seen them marketed as "digital camera dilemmas" before. An
    accurate name, if not on that will have consumers flocking to the stores...

    --
    Martin
    http://www.btinternet.com/~mcsalty
    Martin Francis, Jun 27, 2003
  8. Lloydie

    John Doh Guest

    Try here http://www.imaging-resource.com/FEAT1.HTM

    John Doh, Jun 27, 2003
  9. Lloydie

    J Guest

    The Canon Powershot S230 is a great camera
    I've had it for over two weeks now. Great pictures! I didn't think it
    would be as easy to carry with me as the Optio S but after trying it, it
    fits easily into my pockets but I still know it's there!
    I've taken a few pictures while in a car as well, focuses quite nicely and
    the couple of manual settings are great.

    I did consider the Casio EX-s2 and Sony U20 but 3mp is quite handy, I didn't
    like the "cheep" feel of the U20 and no viewfinder isn't great and I'd be
    afraid to sit on/lose the Casio Ex-S2 because it's so thin!

    J, Jun 27, 2003