Purchasing A 200gb SATA Drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dunk_y2001, Feb 24, 2005.

  1. dunk_y2001

    dunk_y2001 Guest

    Hi, im just about to buy myself a new hard disk, after running out o
    space on my 2X10gb hdds and 1x20gb hdd! lol

    Im getting one of these..

    'Western Digital 200gb Caviar SATA Drive' (http://tinyurl.com/48lx2)

    The only reason Im getting it form that site is because I work ther
    and get a pleasant staff discount.

    My problem is.... I am torn as to how to configure it. Do I have it a
    my OS drive and install all my games and software to it aswell. Or do
    use it as a storage drive for games and software, but losing the spee
    for windows. Or do I stick a 20-40gb partition in it to install window
    to? I obviously want my data as secure as possible but want the spee
    too....

    Help me choose.

    Cheers
    Dun

    --
    dunk_y200

    dunk_y2001's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=320
    View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=82051

    dunk_y2001, Feb 24, 2005

  2. dunk_y2001 wrote:
    > Hi, im just about to buy myself a new hard disk, after running out of
    > space on my 2X10gb hdds and 1x20gb hdd! lol
    >
    > Im getting one of these..
    >
    > 'Western Digital 200gb Caviar SATA Drive' (http://tinyurl.com/48lx2)
    >
    > The only reason Im getting it form that site is because I work there
    > and get a pleasant staff discount.
    >
    > My problem is.... I am torn as to how to configure it. Do I have it as
    > my OS drive and install all my games and software to it aswell. Or do I
    > use it as a storage drive for games and software, but losing the speed
    > for windows. Or do I stick a 20-40gb partition in it to install windows
    > to? I obviously want my data as secure as possible but want the speed
    > too....
    >
    > Help me choose.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Dunk

    You work for Western Digital and need to ask outside the office to get
    an answer?

    --
    I'm losing confidence.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 24, 2005

  3. dunk_y2001

    Brian Guest

    "dunk_y2001" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:...

    > Hi, im just about to buy myself a new hard disk, after running out of
    > space on my 2X10gb hdds and 1x20gb hdd! lol
    >
    > Im getting one of these..
    >
    > 'Western Digital 200gb Caviar SATA Drive' (http://tinyurl.com/48lx2)
    >
    > The only reason Im getting it form that site is because I work there
    > and get a pleasant staff discount.
    >
    > My problem is.... I am torn as to how to configure it. Do I have it as
    > my OS drive and install all my games and software to it aswell. Or do I
    > use it as a storage drive for games and software, but losing the speed
    > for windows. Or do I stick a 20-40gb partition in it to install windows
    > to? I obviously want my data as secure as possible but want the speed
    > too....

    partition it.
    1. windows
    2.storage