    be. I'm anxious to start using a digital SLR, but now I'm not sure if I
    should wait for the S3 Pro. I understand it will be launched in October.

    Any recommendations?

    Cary D., Sep 23, 2004

  2. Cary D.

    Cary D. Guest

    Sorry for the duplicate message -- I thought the first one had not been
    sent.

    "Cary D." <> wrote in message
    > I have been planning on purchasing Nikon's D70 camera for several months
    > now. I already have quite a few F-mount Nikon lenses that I have been

    using

    Cary D., Sep 23, 2004

  3. Cary D. wrote:
    > I have been planning on purchasing Nikon's D70 camera for several months
    > now. I already have quite a few F-mount Nikon lenses that I have been using
    > with my Nikon 35mm SLR. Now, as I have gotten ready to take the plunge,
    > I've learned that Fujifilm is soon to launch the Finepix S3 Pro.
    >
    > Does anyone have any thoughts on the relative advantage of one over the
    > other? Also, has anyone heard what the expected price of the S3 Pro will
    > be. I'm anxious to start using a digital SLR, but now I'm not sure if I
    > should wait for the S3 Pro. I understand it will be launched in October.

    The Fuji is rumored to be around $3000. It will be a true 12mp imager,
    and have improved dynamic range. Finally, I believe that Fuji has better
    flash exposure control, if this is important to you.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Sep 23, 2004
  4. "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    > The Fuji is rumored to be around $3000. It will be a true 12mp imager,
    > and have improved dynamic range. Finally, I believe that Fuji has better
    > flash exposure control, if this is important to you.

    Fuji's flash control in the S2 is plain old TTL. The S3 will have Nikon's
    old D-TTL technology (only available with Nikon speedlights). Nikon's
    current flash technology is i-TTL (standard on D70, D2H and D2X) and it is
    significantly better than the D-TTL. Only available with their current
    SB-800 and SB-600.

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Sep 24, 2004