    peace
    Jeff

    ---
    Gymfreakish, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Gymfreakish

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:fhNdc.9061$u%,
    Gymfreakish astounded everyone with this poetic cheek-streaker:
    > Greetings all
    > I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called
    > projekt1 when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running
    > then I shutdown from the option box.................have used AVG,
    > Trendmicro house call and Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and
    > have used spybot and adaware..... Any help will be thankfully recieved
    >
    > peace
    > Jeff

    If it means 'project1' virus, it is a virus called w32.Sober@mm. You may
    find help with removal here:
    <http://megadirectory.ask.com/megadirectory/search.php?q=Project1 Viru
    s%20Info>
    Juan Pérez, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Gymfreakish

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Gymfreakish posted ...

    > Greetings all
    > I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called
    > projekt1 when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running
    > then I shutdown from the option box.................have used AVG,
    > Trendmicro house call and Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and
    > have used spybot and adaware..... Any help will be thankfully recieved

    I can find little in AV databases, though I haven't searched too hard,
    regarding projekt1. Are you sure it isn't something else, that isn't a
    virus but is just a 'normal' program ? Many of the references I found were
    related to Eastern European / Russian languages ...

    Are there any problems with this running ?

    Can you stop it running by removing it from start menu or registry ?

    Are there any error messages associated with it ?

    --
    Paul

    (8(|) Homer rocks .. ;)
    Paul - xxx, Apr 10, 2004
  4. On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 19:22:45 +1200, Gymfreakish wrote:

    > Greetings all
    > I have Windows XP and inadvertantly picked up a virus/worm? called
    > projekt1 when I shutdown windows it says projekt1 program is running then
    > I shutdown from the option box.................have used AVG, Trendmicro
    > house call and Mcaffee, how do I get rid of this? oh and have used spybot
    > and adaware..... Any help will be thankfully recieved
    >
    > peace
    > Jeff

    You might want to look at:

    http://www.newbie.org/help/messages/5473.html