pulling my hair out

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by charles wharton, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I am on
    windows XP.

    charles wharton, Oct 1, 2003

  2. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    charles wharton said:

    > Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I am on
    > windows XP.

    Take a look in your Options, pay special attention to the tab marked Security.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003

  3. charles wharton

    Raine Guest

    "charles wharton" <> wrote in message
    > Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I

    am on
    > windows XP.

    Tools Options Security .. UNcheck Do not allow attachments .........

    Raine, Oct 1, 2003
  4. charles wharton

    Bushfire Guest

    Tools>options>security then untick do not allow attachments to be opened.

    Bushfire, Oct 1, 2003
  5. charles wharton

    Boomer Guest

    Bushfire wrote:

    > Tools>options>security then untick do not allow attachments to
    > be opened.

    Why tell Brian H??

    Boomer, Oct 1, 2003
  6. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Bushfire said:

    > Tools>options>security then untick do not allow attachments to be opened.

    I know, that's why I *answered* the question.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  7. how many fuc*en people in here have that same problem???

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  8. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    yellow submarine said:

    > how many fuc*en people in here have that same problem???

    100% of those that don't know how to use their fuc*en software ;-)

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  9. ;-) and :)

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  10. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  11. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:

    > charles wharton wrote:
    >> Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I
    >> am on windows XP.

    > Goto to link below and scroll to bottom of page;
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;winxpfaq
    >
    > or if above link dosen't work then use link below;
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/osvp

    That has nothing at all to do with *simply* changing an option in Options |
    Security from the drop down menus.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  12. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message news:<4ZBeb.4166$>...
    > charles wharton said:
    >
    > > Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I am on
    > > windows XP.

    > Take a look in your Options, pay special attention to the tab marked Security.

    Be sure to install a virus checker, such as norton, and "K9", or
    similar bayesian filter before enabling attachments. The combination
    of a virus scanner and a bayesian filter can greatly help flag
    unwanted virus-laden emails.

    Erik Aronesty, Oct 1, 2003
  13. charles wharton

    Boomer Guest

    Erik Aronesty wrote:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> charles wharton said:
    >>
    >> > Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my
    >> > e-mails.I am on windows XP.

    >> Take a look in your Options, pay special attention to the tab
    >> marked Security.

    > Be sure to install a virus checker, such as norton, and "K9", or
    > similar bayesian filter before enabling attachments. The
    > combination of a virus scanner and a bayesian filter can greatly
    > help flag unwanted virus-laden emails.

    Why are you telling Brian H this????

    Boomer, Oct 1, 2003
  14. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Erik Aronesty said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> charles wharton said:
    >>
    >>> Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I am on
    >>> windows XP.

    >> Take a look in your Options, pay special attention to the tab marked
    >> Security.

    > Be sure to install a virus checker, such as norton, and "K9", or
    > similar bayesian filter before enabling attachments. The combination
    > of a virus scanner and a bayesian filter can greatly help flag
    > unwanted virus-laden emails.

    FFS, can't you people reply to the OP instead of replying to someone who has
    replied to the OP?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  15. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Patrick said:
    >
    >> charles wharton wrote:
    >>> Outlook Express will not let me rceive attachments with my e-mails.I
    >>> am on windows XP.

    >> Goto to link below and scroll to bottom of page;
    >>
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;winxpfaq
    >>
    >> or if above link dosen't work then use link below;
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/osvp

    > That has nothing at all to do with *simply* changing an option in
    > Options | Security from the drop down menus.

    Text copied from *That:*

    CAUSE
    Security updates in SP1 auto enabled the option of NOT allowing potentially
    harmful attachments to be opened or saved.

    RESOLUTION
    In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must un-check
    the option to not open or save potentially harmful attachments.

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  16. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> Patrick said:

    >>> Goto to link below and scroll to bottom of page;
    >>>
    >>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-gb;winxpfaq
    >>>
    >>> or if above link dosen't work then use link below;
    >>>
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/osvp

    >> That has nothing at all to do with *simply* changing an option in
    >> Options | Security from the drop down menus.

    > Text copied from *That:*
    >
    > CAUSE
    > Security updates in SP1 auto enabled the option of NOT allowing potentially
    > harmful attachments to be opened or saved.
    >
    > RESOLUTION
    > In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must un-check
    > the option to not open or save potentially harmful attachments.

    So wouldn't it have been quicker/simpler to copy/paste the last part into your
    original reply instead?

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  17. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Patrick said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>> That has nothing at all to do with *simply* changing an option in
    >>> Options | Security from the drop down menus.

    >> Text copied from *That:*
    >>
    >> CAUSE
    >> Security updates in SP1 auto enabled the option of NOT allowing
    >> potentially harmful attachments to be opened or saved.
    >>
    >> RESOLUTION
    >> In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must
    >> un-check the option to not open or save potentially harmful
    >> attachments.

    > So wouldn't it have been quicker/simpler to copy/paste the last part
    > into your original reply instead?

    Thiere is a picture at the page, of the attachment box, thus verifying that
    the problem is understood.
    --
    A picture paints a thousand words.

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  18. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> Patrick said:

    >>> Text copied from *That:*
    >>>
    >>> CAUSE
    >>> Security updates in SP1 auto enabled the option of NOT allowing
    >>> potentially harmful attachments to be opened or saved.
    >>>
    >>> RESOLUTION
    >>> In Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security (tab) the user must
    >>> un-check the option to not open or save potentially harmful
    >>> attachments.

    >> So wouldn't it have been quicker/simpler to copy/paste the last part
    >> into your original reply instead?

    > Thiere is a picture at the page, of the attachment box, thus verifying that
    > the problem is understood.

    > --
    > A picture paints a thousand words.

    And a short answer saves typing a thousand words.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003
  19. charles wharton

    Patrick Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    > Patrick said:
    >
    >> Brian H¹© wrote:

    >>> So wouldn't it have been quicker/simpler to copy/paste the last part
    >>> into your original reply instead?

    >> Thiere is a picture at the page, of the attachment box, thus
    >> verifying that the problem is understood.

    >> --
    >> A picture paints a thousand words.

    > And a short answer saves typing a thousand words.

    *"Short answer"*, that's a laugh isn't it!,
    (the length of the threads concerning the subject).
    However, you could be right, in that it may not suit a person to chase a
    link, (dialup, working-offline).

    Patrick, Oct 1, 2003
  20. charles wharton

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Patrick said:

    > Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> Patrick said:

    (snip)

    >>> --
    >>> A picture paints a thousand words.

    >> And a short answer saves typing a thousand words.

    > *"Short answer"*, that's a laugh isn't it!,
    > (the length of the threads concerning the subject).
    > However, you could be right, in that it may not suit a person to chase a
    > link, (dialup, working-offline).

    I rest my case

    Brian H¹©, Oct 1, 2003