    Kirby Timm Guest

    Say I've got a .wim that has 1 image in it. Can I pull 2, 3, 4 or more
    installs from it all at once or can I only pull 1 at a time?

    Kirby Timm, Sep 30, 2008

  2. Kirby Timm

    Guest

    How are you pulling the images?

    If you're using imagex, you can only install one image at a time. If
    you're using WDS, you can install multiple images at a time.

    This book MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Study Guide:
    (Exam 70-646) (ISBN 0470293152) has a significant amount of
    information on WDS in chapter 2 including labs that show you how to
    set it up and use it to deploy images.

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    http://mcitpsuccess.com/
    http://mcitpsuccess.blogspot.com/
    Author
    - MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Study Guide: (Exam
    70-646)
    - MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam Guide
    (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)
    - MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam Guide
    (Exams 70-431, 70-441, & 70-442)

    On Sep 30, 10:54 am, "Kirby Timm" <> wrote:
    > Say I've got a .wim that has 1 image in it.  Can I pull 2, 3, 4 or more
    > installs from it all at once or can I only pull 1 at a time?

    , Oct 3, 2008

  3. Kirby Timm

    Kirby Timm Guest

    Using ImageX, not WDS (yet).