Pull ALL of your images off the net, it is open-season on them!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Feb 16, 2010.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Feb 16, 2010

  2. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Feb 16, 2010

  3. RichA

    Spamm Trappe Guest

    On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:13:16 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:

    > please, get a life

    .... or, at least alter the one you have so that
    it no longer includes rec.photo.digital

    Spamm Trappe, Feb 16, 2010
  4. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Spamm Trappe wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:13:16 GMT, Paul Heslop wrote:
    >
    > > please, get a life

    > ... or, at least alter the one you have so that
    > it no longer includes rec.photo.digital

    :O)
    --
    Paul (we break easy)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Feb 16, 2010
  5. RichA

    RustY © Guest

    RustY ©, Feb 16, 2010
  6. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Feb 16, 2010
  7. RichA

    Guest

    Re: ...........open-season on them!

    On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:08:58 GMT, Paul Heslop <> wrote:

    >"RustY ©" wrote:
    >>
    >> "RichA" <> wrote in message
    >> > http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk...-and-bans-non-consensual-photoraphy-in-public
    >> >

    >> What utter rubbish - how do you find such sites ?

    >he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
    >at the moment.

    I don't understand how such sites are "utter rubbish" - can anybody fill me in here?

    , Feb 16, 2010
  8. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: ...........open-season on them!

    wrote:

    > On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 19:08:58 GMT, Paul Heslop <> wrote:
    >
    > >"RustY ©" wrote:
    > >>
    > >> "RichA" <> wrote in message
    > >> >

    > >> What utter rubbish - how do you find such sites ?

    > >he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
    > >at the moment.

    > I don't understand how such sites are "utter rubbish" - can anybody fill me in here?

    well, in my case there's no chance of me following anything that Rich
    posts, specially when it seems that all he does is look for reasons to
    attack things and people he doesn't favour, which is quite a wide
    target group.

    I am happy in the knowledge that if he says it I can assume it's
    heavily biased without having to trawl through crap to prove it.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 16, 2010
  9. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: ...........open-season on them!

    bnb wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >>he just searches for things that back whatever obsessions he is having
    > >>at the moment.

    > > I don't understand how such sites are "utter rubbish" - can anybody fill
    > > me in here?

    > Because most people don't like realists.
    >
    > Look at the stick Ken Rockwell gets, when sometimes he makes a good point.
    > Or the stick DPR got for slating the 50d, or the stick Rob Gailbraith got
    > for slating the 1D-III, LL for slating the 5D-II in Antarctica, etc, etc.

    I'm all for truth and realism, but am also aware that there are two
    sides to every story unless its something Rich posts. He's proven
    himself to have a narrow view and is not interested in the opinion of
    anyone who disagrees.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 16, 2010
  10. RichA

    Chris H Guest

    In message <
    s.com>, RichA <> writes
    >http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-gov-nationalises-orphans-and-bans-
    >non-consensual-photography-in-public
    >
    >People can now use your work at their leisure and they only pay one
    >fee: To the BRITISH GOVERNMENT!!!!

    The usual trick is to do something over the top like this (especially in
    election season) and then ditch it in favour of something far more
    reasonable.

    The reason they do that is the "something far more reasonable" would
    normally have not got anywhere due to objections if they started with
    it without the scare tactics first. However it is such a big
    improvement on the proposed law such as the one above they started with
    people think they have won over the government......

    Chris H, Feb 17, 2010
  11. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Chris H wrote:

    > In message <
    > s.com>, RichA <> writes
    > >http://copyrightaction.com/forum/uk-gov-nationalises-orphans-and-bans-
    > >non-consensual-photography-in-public
    > >
    > >People can now use your work at their leisure and they only pay one
    > >fee: To the BRITISH GOVERNMENT!!!!

    > The usual trick is to do something over the top like this (especially in
    > election season) and then ditch it in favour of something far more
    > reasonable.
    >
    > The reason they do that is the "something far more reasonable" would
    > normally have not got anywhere due to objections if they started with
    > it without the scare tactics first. However it is such a big
    > improvement on the proposed law such as the one above they started with
    > people think they have won over the government......

    I agree, this is a typical tactic of our govts, both lab and con.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 17, 2010
  12. RichA

    Twibil Guest

    On Feb 17, 9:48 am, "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    > > I agree, this is a typical tactic of our govts, both lab and con.

    > Developed into a fine art by the Sierra Club and Greenpeace.

    Uhh, asking for far more than you think you can get is the oldest
    opening bargaining tactic in existence; dating back to just slightly
    after the invention of dirt.
    And trying to pretend that environmental groups use this tactic in any
    way differently than do political bodies, corporate businesses,
    unions, or religions -or pretending that the Sierra Club is somehow
    better at it than any of those groups; all of whom are *much* better
    funded- means that you're either trying to promote a personal anti-
    envrionmental group agenda or you *really* don't understand the basic
    workings of the world.

    Obviousman strikes again!

    Twibil, Feb 17, 2010
  13. RichA

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Frank ess wrote:

    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > Chris H wrote:
    > >>
    > >> In message
    > >> <
    > >> s.com>, RichA <> writes

    > >> The usual trick is to do something over the top like this
    > >> (especially in election season) and then ditch it in favour of
    > >> something far more reasonable.
    > >>
    > >> The reason they do that is the "something far more reasonable"
    > >> would normally have not got anywhere due to objections if they
    > >> started with it without the scare tactics first. However it is
    > >> such a big improvement on the proposed law such as the one above
    > >> they started with people think they have won over the
    > >> government......
    > >>

    > > I agree, this is a typical tactic of our govts, both lab and con.

    > Developed into a fine art by the Sierra Club and Greenpeace.

    greenpeace? I didn't know they were in a position of power :O) I don't
    even know who the sierra club are.

    Paul Heslop, Feb 17, 2010
  14. RichA

    Twibil Guest

    On Feb 17, 2:14 pm, "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    > >> Developed into a fine art by the Sierra Club and Greenpeace.

    > > Uhh, asking for far more than you think you can get is the oldest
    > > opening bargaining tactic in existence; dating back to just slightly
    > > after the invention of dirt.
    > > And trying to pretend that environmental groups use this tactic in
    > > any way differently than do political bodies, corporate businesses,
    > > unions, or religions -or pretending that the Sierra Club is somehow
    > > better at it than any of those groups; all of whom are *much* better
    > > funded-  means that you're either trying to promote a personal anti-
    > > envrionmental group agenda or you *really* don't understand the
    > > basic workings of the world.

    > > Obviousman strikes again!

    > I guess you may be right.
    >
    > Wait... That might not be your signature! You could be referring to
    > /me/ as "Obviousman"! Omigod. I'm (maybe) devastated!
    >
    > Always nice to be noticed by Acid Breath, bane of the Inland Empire,
    > though.

    Oh, dear. Caught in yet another distortion, and trying to duck out of
    responsibility by flinging pointless insults.

    Why not just tell the truth to begin with, silly girl? It costs
    nothing and has the added benefit of leaving you in an unassailable
    position.

    > How are things at the Agricultural Station? Manage to get that manure
    > off your poker yet?

    You ignorance is surpassed only by your arrogance, sweetlips; and
    alas, that's not a combination that's calculated to make you look
    good.

    There are three (3) Ag Stations in the UC system: UC Davis (the
    biggie), UC Berkeley, and UC Riverside. But *all* of the UC system
    schools do research into subjects that touch on Ag in one way or
    another, and the assumption that there must be something wrong with
    any school that does Ag research is amazingly stupid, seeing that
    practically *every* big university does some of the same: Stanford,
    Yale, yadda yadda yadda....

    It's part of the system that keeps you fed. (Duh.)

    Feel like shooting yourself in the foot again, oh brainless one?

    Twibil, Feb 18, 2010