    Any ideas ?

    Thanks

    Mick

    Mick, Jun 15, 2004

  2. I am using Arles http://www.digitaldutch.com/arles/ which is extremely easy
    and fast to use. You could see the results on my websites:

    Jan Nademlejnsky
    http://members.shaw.ca/jannade/flying/home.htm
    http://www.altech.ab.ca/sar/

    Jan Nademlejnsky, Jun 15, 2004

  3. Mick

    Ryan Robbins Guest

    "Mick" <> wrote in message
    > do this.
    > Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
    > create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
    > thumbnail displays the full size photo.
    > If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
    > create a meaningful web page to display them all?
    > Any ideas ?

    PhotoShop Elements can do this. But why post that many photos? Who wants to
    wade through that many? Choose the best ones.

    Ryan Robbins, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Mick

    Johnny Guest

    Johnny, Jun 15, 2004
  5. (Mick) writes:

    > Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
    > create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
    > thumbnail displays the full size photo.

    You don't say what operating system. iView Media Pro will let you drop a
    pile of pictures into a pane, organize them, then generate a Web page with
    thumbnails you can click on to see full size images.

    > If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
    > create a meaningful web page to display them all?

    Well, it depends on what you call meaningful. See if iView works for you:
    http://www.iview-multimedia.com/

    Phil Stripling, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Mick

    Donald Gray Guest

    On 14 Jun 2004 21:14:32 -0700, (Mick) wrote:

    >Hi - I frequently take photos at local running events here in Oregon
    >and post them on our club website www.wvroadrunners.org/photos.shtml -
    >I've been using Print Shop Photo Organizer to create thumbnails, and
    >ULEAD to compress the full size photos, but it takes quite a while to
    >do this.
    > Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
    >create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
    >thumbnail displays the full size photo.
    > If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
    >create a meaningful web page to display them all?
    > Any ideas ?

    Hi Mick

    You are probably better off using Paintshop Pro 8 for that job. It is
    very easily and quickly done.

    One very nice feature of PSP8 is the fact it has a customisable button
    on the menu bar which it calls "Thumbnail" Click it and instantly the
    image is resized to the pre-defined thumbnail.

    Personally, I think they got its name wrong - maybe "Downsizer" would
    be more applicable.

    It will 'look' at the image dimensions and will resize the biggest
    dimension (Height or width) to the preset size.

    If I remember correctly, the original preset size is 150 pixels.
    However, it is fully customisable and you can very easily and quickly
    set this button to resize the image downwards to any size you want.

    I have made presets from of 1024, 1000, 900, 800, 750, 700, 650, 600,
    550, 500, 450, 400, 375, 350, 325, 300, 275, 250, 225, 200, 175, 150,
    125 and 100 pixels. It took about 5 minutes to define all of these
    presets.

    Once all of the presets have been defined, you quickly select the size
    you want from the drop down selector and hit the 'do it' button. Easy!

    If you have 500 images to do, then nothing could be easier - I have
    just done 450 images. For that you automate the job with the 'Batch'
    process similar to:

    Select the source Directory
    Select the Action (Thumbnail at xxx pixels)
    Define/select the destination directory
    Define any name changes etc (if required)
    Press the 'do it' button
    Go for a pee & when you come back - job done...

    HTH

    BTW: This process will DOWNSIZE. If the image is, say, 350 pixels over
    its biggest dimension and you select a larger size, say 500 pixels,
    then nothing will happen, It will not enlarge.

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jun 15, 2004
  7. I like http://jalbum.net/ many many skins, resize the images, add text
    descriptions very versitle.
    http://www.hollidayphoto.com/keywestsunsets/
    http://www.digifilm.info/Bluebonnets/
    http://www.digifilm.info/Cassandra1/
    http://www.digifilm.info/Dominique/
    http://www.digifilm.info/Rachel/
    each page above was made with Jalbum, and each is totaly different. The
    pages can display minumal data such ad date name of image or full blown exif
    data.
    I really like it, and you can modify existing cccs to make custom pages.
    http://www.digifilm.info/backup/wangbrown/slides/101.html
    the thumbnails can be linked to full sized images so they can be printed or
    to slightly larger images to yield to better viewing but keep the images
    from printing well to maintain your rights of copyright.

    --
    David Holliday
    HollidayPhoto

    DigiFilm.info, Jun 15, 2004
  8. [OT] Publishing photos to a web page question

    DigiFilm.info wrote:

    > I like http://jalbum.net/ many many skins, resize the images, add text
    > descriptions very versitle.
    > http://www.hollidayphoto.com/keywestsunsets/
    > http://www.digifilm.info/Bluebonnets/
    > http://www.digifilm.info/Cassandra1/
    > http://www.digifilm.info/Dominique/
    > http://www.digifilm.info/Rachel/
    > each page above was made with Jalbum, and each is totaly different. The
    > pages can display minumal data such ad date name of image or full blown exif
    > data.
    > I really like it, and you can modify existing cccs to make custom pages.
    > http://www.digifilm.info/backup/wangbrown/slides/101.html
    > the thumbnails can be linked to full sized images so they can be printed or
    > to slightly larger images to yield to better viewing but keep the images
    > from printing well to maintain your rights of copyright.

    Was I reading the info correctly, that Dominique and James went thru
    their entire reception in less than a half hour? Cool!

    Nice pages.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jun 15, 2004
  9. Re: [OT] Publishing photos to a web page question

    Hello, not all those images are shot in order. I shot the cake pics before
    the Bride and Groom entered the reception. The times on the page were
    generated from the jalbum software. , the real times are of course in the
    exif data.
    lol that was funny though.... a drive through wedding--
    David Holliday
    HollidayPhoto
    www.HollidayPhoto.com

    DigiFilm.info, Jun 15, 2004
  10. Mick

    Crownfield Guest

    Mick wrote:

    > Hi - I frequently take photos at local running events here in Oregon
    > and post them on our club website www.wvroadrunners.org/photos.shtml -
    > I've been using Print Shop Photo Organizer to create thumbnails, and
    > ULEAD to compress the full size photos, but it takes quite a while to
    > do this.
    > Is there a single software package, that will take my photos,
    > create thumbnails, and stick 'em on a web page, where clicking on the
    > thumbnail displays the full size photo.
    > If I take 500 odd race photos, is there a quick and easy way to
    > create a meaningful web page to display them all?
    > Any ideas ?

    one ides is image display system, a perl script which is resident on
    your web server.

    you simlply upload the images in the largest size thast you want anyone
    to get to the image folder, and IDS creates the thumbnails andserves
    them dynamicly.

    another tool is thumbs plus, which does a good job of managing images
    for you, and also lets you batch resize them.

    fusion from net objects
    does a good job of managing websites for you,
    and does thumnail galleries and blowups for you.

    Crownfield, Jun 15, 2004
  11. Mick

    Mick Guest

    "Ryan Robbins" <> wrote in message news:<povzc.31625$>...

    > PhotoShop Elements can do this. But why post that many photos?

    Thanks Ryan - I just purchased a Digital Rebel 300D and it came
    bundled with PhotoShop Elements. It's batch processing and web site
    creation options do all that I asked about...........and more - so I'm
    a happy camper !!

    > Who wants to wade through that many? Choose the best ones.

    Runners like photos of themselves - so there is no "best one" <g>

    Mick, Jun 19, 2004