Publishing internal VPN Server through a Cisco 827 ADSL Router

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AngeL_VenjadoR, Jan 29, 2007.

  1. Hi,

    I'm trying to build a project for a customer of mine, he has a cisco
    router as a perimeter firewall/router (827 ADSL router). This router
    does NAT (he has a single external IP address), and inside the LAN
    there is another server that acts as a VPN Server (l2tp/ipsec). So
    this VPN server has no direct connection to the internet (it has a
    private IP Address), any connection to outside he mades is through
    the 827 router.

    My customer wants his remote users to use this VPN Server, and so I
    have to publish the VPN server in the Cisco Router. From what I have
    read, I had to publish 500, 4500 udp ports and also protocol esp.

    So my conf would look like this:

    ip nat inside source static esp x.x.x.x interface Dialer1
    ip nat inside source static udp x.x.x.x 500 y.y.y.y 500 extendable
    ip nat inside source static udp x.x.x.x 4500 y.y.y.y 4500 extendable

    (x.x.x.x would be my internal VPN Server IP address, and y.y.y.y would
    be the external and public 827 IP address)

    What is my problem? That this is not working... something is wrong,
    but our remote vpn users cannot connect. What is wrong?

    Thank you very much!
    AngeL_VenjadoR, Jan 29, 2007

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Brad, thanks for your answer.

    However I really dont need to configure the pptp or ipsec on the cisco
    router, since the only thing I want to do is let ipsec/l2tp traffic
    pass through the router, to the internal VPN Server.

    If Im not wrong, the solutions you gave me are about configuring the
    router as a VPN Server, but the only thing I want to do is let traffic
    pass through the router, as if I were publishing a web server in my
    internal lan...

    AngeL_VenjadoR, Jan 29, 2007
  4. www.BradReese.Com, Jan 29, 2007