Publisher

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Rebel Lord, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. Rebel Lord

    Rebel Lord Guest

    troglodyte wrote:

    > What's the program in red hat. I cant find one. Like the ms publisher.
    > where you create flyers,calendars erc

    Redhat what ?.

    If you installed koffice, then kpresenter is a start. If not install it, or
    install open-office.
    Rebel Lord, Sep 26, 2004

  2. Rebel Lord

    EMB Guest

    EMB, Sep 26, 2004

  3. troglodyte wrote:
    > What's the program in red hat. I cant find one. Like the ms publisher.
    > where you create flyers,calendars erc

    I dont beleive that it is installed by default... check out google
    groups and you'll find a history of discussion about it here.

    by the way, your clock is way off.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 26, 2004
  4. Rebel Lord

    Herb Garden Guest

    Herb Garden, Sep 26, 2004
  5. Rebel Lord

    steve Guest

    troglodyte wrote:

    > What's the program in red hat. I cant find one. Like the ms publisher.
    > where you create flyers,calendars erc

    Scribus

    http://www.scribus.org.uk/

    It's pretty good. It uses the paste-up metaphor common among DTP programs.

    It is not an MS Publisher clone.

    There are online docs for it....being constantly updated and revised.

    The latest verssion (1.2) added lots of funcationality to an already
    function-rich program.

    I recommend you join the mailing list until you understand how it works.
    It's an active list - 20-30 messages / day - and very helpful.

    The Scribus developers are very active on the list and often respond to
    queries or move to fix problems highlighted...often withing a few days.

    Steve

    --
    Distributed Computing Projects:
    SETI at Home
    steve, Sep 27, 2004
  6. Rebel Lord

    troglodyte Guest

    On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:38:34 +1200, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > troglodyte wrote:
    >> What's the program in red hat. I cant find one. Like the ms publisher.
    >> where you create flyers,calendars erc

    > I dont beleive that it is installed by default... check out google
    > groups and you'll find a history of discussion about it here.
    >
    > by the way, your clock is way off.

    cheers. that clocks a pain i the fundamental whats it
    troglodyte, Sep 27, 2004
  7. Rebel Lord

    troglodyte Guest

    troglodyte, Sep 27, 2004