    Any ideas?
    Thanks
    SPG

    spg, Jun 22, 2003

  2. spg

    Miggsee Guest

    Have you tried centering the page? Publisher web pages are HUGE and
    cumbersome.

    Miggsee, Jun 22, 2003

  3. spg

    °Mike° Guest

    Is the web page set to view in a lower resolution than
    you are viewing it in? Eg., if your screen resolution
    is 1024x768 and the web page is set at absolute 800x600,
    there will be blank areas, like you see, if your window
    is maximized.

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:53:04 +1200, in
    <I48Ja.43708$>
    spg scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  4. spg

    spg Guest

    Hi Yes Mike I think you might be correct but how do I change
    the Web page from 800x600???
    Thanks
    SPG

    spg, Jun 22, 2003
  5. spg

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't know Publisher, but there should be an option
    to set the page/table width to 100%. You'll have to
    have a look around the options.

    On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:00:13 +1200, in
    <F39Ja.43791$>
    spg scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  6. spg

    Miggsee Guest

    No, the only thing you can really do is try and center the page, as far as I
    know. Publisher is ugly in HTML, and the files are HUGE!

    Miggsee, Jun 22, 2003
  7. spg

    °Mike° Guest

    Apparently, you can't, so you might want to think about
    using alternative web creation software. All of the
    following are free:

    Amaya
    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

    Matizha Sublime
    http://www.matizha.com/

    AceHTML
    http://freeware.acehtml.com/

    Arachnophilia
    http://www.arachnoid.com/index.html

    1st Page 2000
    http://www.evrsoft.com/1stpage/

    HTML-Kit
    http://www.chami.com/

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  8. These damn news-bots are not only informative, they're polite too.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 22, 2003
  9. spg

    °Mike° Guest

    Of course.

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 23:47:09 -0400, in
    <3ef526aa$>
    Rôgêr scrawled:

    >These damn news-bots are not only informative, they're polite too.

    --
    "Made in England."

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2003
  10. spg

    Miggsee Guest

    YW. Some of my teachers do newsletters in Publisher, and want them available
    to the parents on the web. Publisher does a nice job for printed
    newsletters, but saving it as HTML is basically making a huge image of it.
    It also doesn't hold image placements accurately at different resolutions.
    Publisher doesn't have a viewer available. Since many folks do not have
    Publisher, it's not feasible to put the documents on the site as downloads,
    so I post them as best I can.

    Publisher creates huge "newsletter name"_files folders on the server. My
    older color printer at my one school can't even handle the graphics on some
    Publisher documents due to the amount of memory they take to print.

    Miggsee, Jun 23, 2003