Published Author Reviewing My Book

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Frode, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. Frode

    Frode Guest

    Frode, Sep 13, 2003

  2. Frode

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>, Tracker <"snailmail
    (remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> says...
    [snip]
    > BTW- short story here, my past two years was spend with hackers abusing
    > my computers and this babe sat along side them doing my own thing on my
    > computers until I could figure out what the hell they were doing. In my
    > opinion - no one in the world has accomplished what I have and written
    > about it. If you want to know more about my experience, fork over some
    > money my way.

    Tracker - This qualifies as SPAM - Selling a product in any group other
    than a .forsale group is in violation of your ISP's TOS.

    As you mention above "If you want to know more about my experience" you
    have defined your book as YOUR EXPERIENCE. This, and from the examples
    we have seen, indicates that your book is your interpretation of what
    you believe has happened and your impression of why/how. Notice that
    I've been very careful to state "your interpretation" and "your
    impression" - that type of information is like an OPINION and everyone
    has one, but OPINIONS are not necessarily Technical and are not
    necessarily Correct.

    You post your information here weekly about how you've helped millions
    and how your "book" will help others. So far, from what we've seen, I
    can't imagine it helping anyone.

    Today is your last chance to post some technical material or stop
    posting your spam, or I will take up the cause to report you for abuse
    of TOS to your ISP.

    Sincerely,
    Mark

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Sep 13, 2003

  3. Frode

    optikl Guest

    "Tracker" <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    Fix your date and time. It says Sunday, September 14 12:24 AM. Must be nice
    to be living in the future. Either that or you're owned....
    optikl, Sep 13, 2003
  4. Frode

    GuitarMan Guest

    > You people want to know the dude who is reviewing my book, and soon to

    Hit the fucking road you looser......
    GuitarMan, Sep 14, 2003
  5. Frode

    grw Guest

    :)

    grw, Sep 14, 2003
  6. Frode

    > From now on, if you have questions for me, please e-mail them to any of
    > my e-mail addresses.

    I've already asked my questions and you ignored them. My email address is
    good, you should have taken the opportunity.

    Too late, now.
    , Sep 14, 2003
  7. Frode

    Tracker Guest

    You people want to know the dude who is reviewing my book, and soon to
    be talking with me on the phone, here you go. Do a Google or Yahoo
    search on him and you will see for yourself what you want to know about
    him. He has given me permission to post his name.

    Tcat Houser

    From now on, if you have questions for me, please e-mail them to any of
    my e-mail addresses.
    BTW- short story here, my past two years was spend with hackers abusing
    my computers and this babe sat along side them doing my own thing on my
    computers until I could figure out what the hell they were doing. In my
    opinion - no one in the world has accomplished what I have and written
    about it. If you want to know more about my experience, fork over some
    money my way.

    Tracker
    (new Website address)
    The Best Kept Secrets of Backdoors, Cracking, Firewalls, Hacking,
    Proxies, The Internet, Trojan Horses, Virtual Private Networks, Virus,
    Windows and different types of Servers can be found at:
    http://geocities.com/secure20032220000
    Tracker, Sep 14, 2003
  8. Frode

    Robert Moir Guest

    optikl wrote:
    > "Tracker" <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Fix your date and time. It says Sunday, September 14 12:24 AM. Must
    > be nice to be living in the future. Either that or you're owned....

    her computer has been ferretted for a long time.
    Robert Moir, Sep 14, 2003
  9. Frode

    ComputerGeek Guest

    Just out of interest, does anyone in here know Tcat? Perhaps they could
    confirm Trackers' statement. Comparing Tcat's work with Tracker's suggest
    that this is probably more delusional fantasy.
    ComputerGeek, Sep 14, 2003
  10. Frode

    Tim H. Guest

    "ComputerGeek" <abuse@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Just out of interest, does anyone in here know Tcat? Perhaps they could
    > confirm Trackers' statement. Comparing Tcat's work with Tracker's suggest
    > that this is probably more delusional fantasy.

    I just hope I don't see his obituary after he reads it and laughs so hard,
    he falls out of chair and wacks head on corner of desk. Poor guy better wear
    a helmet when he reads it!

    Tim H., Sep 14, 2003
  11. Frode

    ozzy Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:22:16 +0100, "ComputerGeek" <abuse@127.0.0.1>
    wrote:

    >Just out of interest, does anyone in here know Tcat? Perhaps they could
    >confirm Trackers' statement. Comparing Tcat's work with Tracker's suggest
    >that this is probably more delusional fantasy.

    Never heard of him before that I can remember but a couple of web
    sites that MAY be him:

    http://www.totalrecallpress.com/viewauthor.php?authorid=12&session_id=

    http://www.tcat.net

    Contact me at phantomshroom(at)hotmail{dot}com
    to obtain my real email address. Spammers shot
    on site :)
    ozzy, Sep 15, 2003
  12. "Tim H." <> wrote in message
    > I just hope I don't see his obituary after he reads it and laughs so hard,
    > he falls out of chair and wacks head on corner of desk. Poor guy better

    wear
    > a helmet when he reads it!

    <Rainman>

    And a diaper. Definitely a diaper. He'll pee his pants laughing.

    </Rainman>

    <G>
    NOI
    thund3rstruck_n0i, Sep 15, 2003
  13. Frode

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 09:24:14 +0400, Tracker
    <"snailmail(remove/valid)222000"@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >You people want to know the dude who is reviewing my book, and soon to
    >be talking with me on the phone, here you go. Do a Google or Yahoo
    >search on him and you will see for yourself what you want to know about
    >him. He has given me permission to post his name.
    >
    >Tcat Houser

    I recognize the name from a series of exam prep books. I don't recall
    that any of them were worthwhile, but a quick look at his published
    work doesn't show anything in the security field and nothing outside
    of exam prep guides. I'm not sure what he'd be reviewing for you.

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Sep 15, 2003
  14. Frode

    Mike Guest

    "Jeff Cochran" <> wrote in message

    > of exam prep guides. I'm not sure what he'd be reviewing for you.

    Basic grammar would be a start!
    Mike, Sep 15, 2003