    a web page centered around all these different folders. Isn't there a
    program which builds a web page for numerous folders??

    Any help is really appreciated.
    ishtarbgl, Oct 7, 2004

  2. ishtarbgl

    spodosaurus Guest

    ishtarbgl wrote:
    > I am looking for a program to do simply a few things and I haven't been able
    > to find it yet. I have one folder which has numerous subdirectories. Each
    > subdirectory has a descriptive name and contains numerous pictures. I am
    > looking for a program that will take this hierarchy and simply create a web
    > page using an upper level menu with each folder name. Once you click on
    > each folder it shows you the thumbnails of each image in that particular
    > folder and then of course if you click on the thumbnail it will show you the
    > full uncompressed image.
    >
    > I have looked and looked and I can't find anything that will do this. I
    > find plenty that can take a single folder and do it but then I have to build
    > a web page centered around all these different folders. Isn't there a
    > program which builds a web page for numerous folders??
    >
    > Any help is really appreciated.

    notepad

    spodosaurus, Oct 7, 2004

  3. ishtarbgl

    wald Guest

    "ishtarbgl" <> wrote:

    > I am looking for a program to do simply a few things and I
    > haven't been able to find it yet. I have one folder which has
    > numerous subdirectories. Each subdirectory has a descriptive
    > name and contains numerous pictures. I am looking for a program
    > that will take this hierarchy and simply create a web page using
    > an upper level menu with each folder name. Once you click on
    > each folder it shows you the thumbnails of each image in that
    > particular folder and then of course if you click on the
    > thumbnail it will show you the full uncompressed image.
    >
    > I have looked and looked and I can't find anything that will do
    > this. I find plenty that can take a single folder and do it but
    > then I have to build a web page centered around all these
    > different folders. Isn't there a program which builds a web
    > page for numerous folders??
    >
    > Any help is really appreciated.

    I'm using this system myself:

    http://spgm.sourceforge.net/

    Of course, this involves PHP so it isn't a pure HTML solution. But
    it does use the folder names for naming the different photo
    galleries, just as you describe.

    Hope it helps,
    Wald
    wald, Oct 7, 2004
  4. You might try jAlbum.
    Find it at:
    http://jalbum.net/install.htm
    It is free.
    Matt D

    Matthew Dranchak, Oct 8, 2004
  5. ishtarbgl

    andre Guest

    Matthew Dranchak wrote:
    > You might try jAlbum.
    > Find it at:
    > http://jalbum.net/install.htm
    > It is free.
    > Matt D
    >

    > "ishtarbgl" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I am looking for a program to do simply a few things and I haven't been

    > able
    >
    >>to find it yet. I have one folder which has numerous subdirectories.

    > Each
    >
    >>subdirectory has a descriptive name and contains numerous pictures. I am
    >>looking for a program that will take this hierarchy and simply create a

    > web
    >
    >>page using an upper level menu with each folder name. Once you click on
    >>each folder it shows you the thumbnails of each image in that particular
    >>folder and then of course if you click on the thumbnail it will show you

    > the
    >
    >>full uncompressed image.
    >>
    >>I have looked and looked and I can't find anything that will do this. I
    >>find plenty that can take a single folder and do it but then I have to

    > build
    >
    >>a web page centered around all these different folders. Isn't there a
    >>program which builds a web page for numerous folders??
    >>
    >>Any help is really appreciated.

    Web Album generator does this. Its free.
    I have done most of the stuff on my site with it.
    You can find a link on one of my images.

    Andre

    --
    ----------------------------------
    http://www.aguntherphotography.com
    andre, Oct 8, 2004
  6. ishtarbgl

    ishtarbgl Guest

    Thanks for the help. I finally found what I was looking for. It is Arles
    Image Web Page Creator. It allows you to already have a directory structure
    and then does all the work for you. Works perfectly.

    ishtarbgl, Oct 8, 2004
  7. ishtarbgl

    Jim Guest

    spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message news:<416524b0$>...
    > ishtarbgl wrote:
    > > I am looking for a program to do simply a few things and I haven't been able
    > > to find it yet. I have one folder which has numerous subdirectories. Each
    > > subdirectory has a descriptive name and contains numerous pictures. I am
    > > looking for a program that will take this hierarchy and simply create a web
    > > page using an upper level menu with each folder name. Once you click on
    > > each folder it shows you the thumbnails of each image in that particular
    > > folder and then of course if you click on the thumbnail it will show you the
    > > full uncompressed image.
    > >
    > > I have looked and looked and I can't find anything that will do this. I
    > > find plenty that can take a single folder and do it but then I have to build
    > > a web page centered around all these different folders. Isn't there a
    > > program which builds a web page for numerous folders??
    > >
    > > Any help is really appreciated.
    > >

    > notepad

    I used notepad and and got my site up in a week-end. Not glamorous but
    gets the job done. Din't see the sense in investing time in learning
    one of the "tools' for a one deal.

    http:\\SwensonStudio.com

    Jim
    Jim, Oct 8, 2004
  8. ishtarbgl

    spodosaurus Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message news:<416524b0$>...
    >
    >>ishtarbgl wrote:
    >>
    >>>I am looking for a program to do simply a few things and I haven't been able
    >>>to find it yet. I have one folder which has numerous subdirectories. Each
    >>>subdirectory has a descriptive name and contains numerous pictures. I am
    >>>looking for a program that will take this hierarchy and simply create a web
    >>>page using an upper level menu with each folder name. Once you click on
    >>>each folder it shows you the thumbnails of each image in that particular
    >>>folder and then of course if you click on the thumbnail it will show you the
    >>>full uncompressed image.
    >>>
    >>>I have looked and looked and I can't find anything that will do this. I
    >>>find plenty that can take a single folder and do it but then I have to build
    >>>a web page centered around all these different folders. Isn't there a
    >>>program which builds a web page for numerous folders??
    >>>
    >>>Any help is really appreciated.
    >>>

    >>notepad

    > I used notepad and and got my site up in a week-end. Not glamorous but
    > gets the job done. Din't see the sense in investing time in learning
    > one of the "tools' for a one deal.
    >
    > http:\\SwensonStudio.com
    >
    > Jim

    The only reason I'd use an html generator is to cut down on repetitive
    typing (for tables and such). Even when using one, I ALWAYS use the text
    interface (I won't use a program that is only WYSIWYG).

    spodosaurus, Oct 8, 2004
  9. In Message-ID:<> posted on
    8 Oct 2004 10:35:08 -0700, Jim wrote:

    >I used notepad and and got my site up in a week-end. Not glamorous but
    >gets the job done. Din't see the sense in investing time in learning
    >one of the "tools' for a one deal.

    Your no-frame version works best for my Opera,
    frames just clutter things up.
    --

    JK
    Justín Käse, Oct 8, 2004
  10. ishtarbgl

    Bud Guest

    Jim wrote:

    > http:\\SwensonStudio.com
    >
    > Jim

    Nobody will find it with that URL, better use "//".
    Bud, Oct 9, 2004
  11. On 8 Oct 2004 10:35:08 -0700, (Jim) wrote:

    >spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message news:<416524b0$>...
    >> ishtarbgl wrote:
    >> > I am looking for a program to do simply a few things and I haven't been able
    >> > to find it yet.

    >I used notepad and and got my site up in a week-end. Not glamorous but
    >gets the job done. Din't see the sense in investing time in learning
    >one of the "tools' for a one deal.

    Rather than Notepad, may I recommend NoteTab? http://www.notetab.com/
    You can use it just like Notepad if you want to, but it has lots of
    useful extras which you can learn gradually when you have a few minutes
    spare. The Light version is free for personal use. I've used it for a
    couple of years to maintain my site (which I originally built with
    Notepad as well - something I now regard as excessively masochistic).

    --
    Stephen Poley

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/
    Stephen Poley, Oct 9, 2004
  12. ishtarbgl

    Jer Guest

    Stephen Poley wrote:

    > On 8 Oct 2004 10:35:08 -0700, (Jim) wrote:
    >

    >>spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote in message news:<416524b0$>...

    >>I used notepad and and got my site up in a week-end. Not glamorous but
    >>gets the job done. Din't see the sense in investing time in learning
    >>one of the "tools' for a one deal.

    > Rather than Notepad, may I recommend NoteTab? http://www.notetab.com/
    > You can use it just like Notepad if you want to, but it has lots of
    > useful extras which you can learn gradually when you have a few minutes
    > spare. The Light version is free for personal use. I've used it for a
    > couple of years to maintain my site (which I originally built with
    > Notepad as well - something I now regard as excessively masochistic).

    There's also http://www.editpadlite.com for free or the Pro version for
    $40US.

    --
    jer email reply - I am not a 'ten'