    Thanks
    Cesar

    , May 15, 2005

  2. >I need some calls that Asterisk receives through IP to be routed to
    >US PSTN phones (no international, no incoming calls, and just a
    >single call at a time). And I would like to use IAX2 as the protocol
    >between Asterisk and the PSTN provider. Can anybody suggest me good
    >(and affordable) providers?

    Broadvoice has a plan called BYOD that costs $6/mo for 100 outgoing
    minutes to US and Canada, 3.9 cpm beyond that, or $20/mo for unlimited
    outgoing. If you want incoming calls, they're free.

    They specifically support Asterisk and have detailed config
    instructions on their web. I haven't used it, but they certainly look
    like they're serious about supporting Asterisk.

    You might also look at www.iax.cc, a prepaid service specifically for
    IAX users. It sure is cheap.

    R's,
    John

    John R. Levine, May 15, 2005

  3. (John R. Levine) writes:
    > Broadvoice has a plan called BYOD that costs $6/mo for 100 outgoing
    > minutes to US and Canada, 3.9 cpm beyond that, or $20/mo for unlimited
    > outgoing. If you want incoming calls, they're free.

    My experience with broadvoice and asterisk wasn't that good. I signed
    up with them last summer a little after they announced their BYO plan.
    After a week of flawless service they announced that they just
    "tightened the security" on some of their servers. At that point
    asterisk stopped connecting to certain servers entirely. It was
    essentially the luck of the draw as to whether asterisk would connect
    to an old-config or new-config server. I gave them another week to
    straighten things out. When little changed I quit. It took another 6
    months for me to get them to stop billing my credit card though.

    A much better deal in my opinion is to go with Gefachi or Teliax which
    both have 2 cents per minute with no monthlies and no setup. Both
    work with asterisk and can talk either SIP or IAX. I'm not a fan of
    proprietary protocols. I just use SIP with ulaw encoding and get
    phone quality audio, with less noise.

    The one thing I wish I could find is a VOIP service provider that was
    only 20-30 ms away from me. It seems silly to send IP packets all the
    way to the east coast (adding 100ms delay) just to call your neighbor
    in California.

    -wolfgang

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht, May 15, 2005
  4. R-Guy Guest

    http://www.voipjet.com/

    R-Guy, May 15, 2005
  5. Miguel Cruz Guest

    Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <> wrote:
    > (John R. Levine) writes:
    >> Broadvoice has a plan called BYOD that costs $6/mo for 100 outgoing
    >> minutes to US and Canada, 3.9 cpm beyond that, or $20/mo for unlimited
    >> outgoing. If you want incoming calls, they're free.

    > My experience with broadvoice and asterisk wasn't that good. I signed
    > up with them last summer a little after they announced their BYO plan.
    > After a week of flawless service they announced that they just
    > "tightened the security" on some of their servers. At that point
    > asterisk stopped connecting to certain servers entirely. It was
    > essentially the luck of the draw as to whether asterisk would connect
    > to an old-config or new-config server. I gave them another week to
    > straighten things out. When little changed I quit. It took another 6
    > months for me to get them to stop billing my credit card though.

    I never did manage to get Broadvoice to work with Asterisk at all. On the
    plus side, I did get my money back and they didn't keep billing my card.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 15, 2005
  6. BlueRinse Guest

    On Sun, 15 May 2005 09:07:08 -0700, morphinum wrote:

    > single call at a time). And I would like to use IAX2 as the protocol
    > between Asterisk and the PSTN provider. Can anybody suggest me good (and
    > affordable) providers?

    Voicepulse Connect, NuFone, voipjet, teliax

    BlueRinse, May 16, 2005
  7. Marc Popek Guest

    use a clt

    Marco

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5786887222&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

    Marc Popek, Jul 4, 2005
  8. B.M. Wright Guest

    Marc Popek <> wrote:
    > use a clt

    > Marco

    Hey asshole, this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the question
    that this person asked. STOP SPAMMING the newgrsoups with your garbage
    or at the very least quit changing your address so I don't have to
    update my killfile all the time. You are one of only about three people
    I have had to killfile over several years of usenet use, you are that
    annoying, really.

    B.M. Wright, Jul 7, 2005
  9. Miguel Cruz Guest

    B.M. Wright <> wrote:
    > Marc Popek <> wrote:
    >> use a clt

    >> Marco

    > Hey asshole, this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the question
    > that this person asked. STOP SPAMMING the newgrsoups with your garbage
    > or at the very least quit changing your address so I don't have to
    > update my killfile all the time. You are one of only about three people
    > I have had to killfile over several years of usenet use, you are that
    > annoying, really.

    I had assumed he was changing his address because the people who complained
    to his ISP after each spam blast were getting the old ones cancelled.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jul 8, 2005