    (i.e. 99999).

    Does anyone know whether this is possible in the spa 3000?

    Thanks,
    Woggle, Apr 3, 2006

  2. Woggle wrote:
    > I've recently setup my spa 3000 working perfectly on voip.co.uk
    >
    > I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to force change
    > the number showing when I dial out. For example, if I dial out using
    > the voip line it comes up say 99999. However, my BT line is say 111111
    > and I'd like this to show up when calling out (although using the voip
    > line).
    >
    > The reason for this is that we've just moved house and already told
    > people our new number which I'd like to keep. However, if I ring
    > people's mobiles at the moment it comes up with an unrecognised number
    > (i.e. 99999).
    >
    > Does anyone know whether this is possible in the spa 3000?

    It's not down to the adaptor, but down to your provider. They are
    setting the caller id when you dial out, so when you dial out via
    voip.co.uk, they're probably using the number they gave you as the
    caller id.

    Some providers will allow you to use an alternative caller id when you
    dial out. We do this.

    cheers
    peter

    Peter Gradwell, Apr 3, 2006

  3. Peter Gradwell wrote:
    > Woggle wrote:
    >> I've recently setup my spa 3000 working perfectly on voip.co.uk
    >>
    >> I'm not sure if this is possible, but is there any way to force change
    >> the number showing when I dial out. For example, if I dial out using
    >> the voip line it comes up say 99999. However, my BT line is say 111111
    >> and I'd like this to show up when calling out (although using the voip
    >> line).
    >>
    >> The reason for this is that we've just moved house and already told
    >> people our new number which I'd like to keep. However, if I ring
    >> people's mobiles at the moment it comes up with an unrecognised number
    >> (i.e. 99999).
    >>
    >> Does anyone know whether this is possible in the spa 3000?

    > It's not down to the adaptor, but down to your provider. They are
    > setting the caller id when you dial out, so when you dial out via
    > voip.co.uk, they're probably using the number they gave you as the
    > caller id.
    >
    > Some providers will allow you to use an alternative caller id when you
    > dial out. We do this.
    >
    > cheers
    > peter

    As do voip.co.uk, only theirs seems to be a bit broken (but fine for
    what you want to use if for).
    You will need to fax over proof that the phone number belongs to you
    before voip.co.uk will let you use it for caller id, and iirc they
    charge a one-off fee of £5.88, (see Outgoing Caller ID in the control
    panel and the sip account you are using in Your Sip Accounts).
    Thomas Kenyon, Apr 3, 2006
  4. Woggle

    Peter Watson Guest

    In article <44311f44$0$1176$>,
    says...

    > It's not down to the adaptor, but down to your provider. They are
    > setting the caller id when you dial out, so when you dial out via
    > voip.co.uk, they're probably using the number they gave you as the
    > caller id.
    >
    > Some providers will allow you to use an alternative caller id when you
    > dial out. We do this.
    >
    > cheers
    > peter

    voip.co.uk will allow you to use a different (ie one they haven't
    provided for you) outgoing number but they charge £5 for setting it up
    and will need some proof that the number is 'yours' ie a copy of a phone
    bill etc.

    Have a look at the 'Outgoing Caller ID' tab in my.voip.co.uk

    Peter
    Peter Watson, Apr 3, 2006