    emails but not 600mb worth. :(

    Ideas/recommendations appeciated :)

    PS: Excuse my bad typing today, the R and C keys on this K/B are dodgy :)
    XPD, Jun 28, 2005

  2. XPD

    Tim Guest

    Try OutlookRecovery.
    Worked near 100% for a PST that was otherwise completely shot.

    - Tim

    Tim, Jun 28, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    "XPD" <> wrote:

    >Anyone recommend software to recover/repair an Outlook PST file ?
    >Its 600mb+...

    I would *never* keep more than the last month or so's worth of e-mail in
    Outlook or any other MUA-proprietary format. Once it gets beyond that, I
    extract it all to RFC2822 plain-text format (the format in which it was
    transmitted across the Internet) and save it in text files. It's harder
    to corrupt a text file, and it's easier to move it cross-platform, too.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 28, 2005
  4. XPD

    XPD Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > "XPD" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone recommend software to recover/repair an Outlook PST file ?
    >>Its 600mb+...

    > I would *never* keep more than the last month or so's worth of e-mail in
    > Outlook or any other MUA-proprietary format. Once it gets beyond that, I
    > extract it all to RFC2822 plain-text format (the format in which it was
    > transmitted across the Internet) and save it in text files. It's harder
    > to corrupt a text file, and it's easier to move it cross-platform, too.

    I dont use Outlook myself, this is for a client.... 90% of our clients keep
    ALL their email in a single PST....weve warned them this sort of thing can
    happen but they dont listen :p
    And who do they come to when it all goes wrong....... guess it keeps me in
    work ;)
    XPD, Jun 28, 2005